Thursday, January 27, 2011

Challenge #3

Over at Inkspirations4U Madeline made special mention of me when she set this next challenge....ie....NO PINK!!! Hence....NO PRESSURE...right??? This callence was not a colour one, but one of a picture....this picture....


I immediately went to the concentric circles and a pattern that I had seen in one of my Punch Art books "Let's Punch IV" by Elizabeth Woolnough. The design is called Watermelon and I have had it in my "ideas vault) for many years but never attempted it. It is a simple concept of concentric circles stuck on top of one another and then cut in half, but then glued arc to arc to give a different geometric feel. This is my challenge card entry.....



Did you notice....NO INK!!!!! I think this makes a great masculine card. The hardest thing to do was to cut the cirles in half (or as close to half as humanly possible), but the effect is rather retro!! Here are the circles close up...











Also, given that the CS was 4 layers thick, it sits up a little. I also reversed the order of the colour combo every second pattern to add a bit more interest. I guess I should thank Madeline for really pushing me with this challenge.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel
Punches: Carla Craft CP2 3/4", 7/8", 1" circles and CP11G Circle (which is abt 1 1/8")
Other bits: Upkit gold sticker "Happy Birthday"

Lynda xx

2 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Wowser! such a lot of detailed work, but it makes a fantastic impact. Very retro too - takes me back to the 70s and 80s immediately! very like some of the fabrics my mum used to wear, and same colour tones too!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Yep! This is amazing! And ... Kez is right ... very retro! This card screams "patient cardmaker at work"! Good on you for going outside the square for this challenge! Can't wait to get back to INK4U ... am getting withdrawals! But ... I promised myself that I would visit my blog friends FIRST!!! Hugs xxaxx n