Sunday, January 9, 2011

Style Beautiful - # 2

My MIL has the last family birthday for the year....5 days after Christmas....so in that...is a veritable minefield of fun and games. With JUST feeling good about what we got her for Christmas....we (or as in all cases.....I)have to come up with something for her birthday. I am not a big fan of combined pressies...as your birthday should be a seperate celebration.

With receiving Style Beautiful, I had the start of an idea for a card bouncing round my brain. Trouble is...what bounces around is very rarely what appears on the actual card. However, Here's what I came up with....


I wanted to keep it CAS and fuss free, cause that's the sort of lady my MIL is.

To get the flourishes lined up right, I cut a wide oval punch from a post it note and then stamped the black.  

Then it was a matter of stamping the larger flourish in Riding Hood Red as well as the sentiment over the top, cutting the wide oval punch out and mounting it on dimensionals.

Masking technique may need some polish, but I am happy with the way the card turned out....and it was also close to the idea I had bouncing round my brain. I think the sentiment is also lovely for a birthday too.

Thanks for popping by again.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Stamps: Style Beautiful
Other bits: Dimensionals

Lynda xx

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I'm sure the MIL won't notice the tiny masking issue! I think this is beautiful. And ... I'm sure it will be well received. (If not ... she is really hard to please!!! giggle!) Take care hunny! Hugs xxaxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Such an elegant card - I'm sure your MIL will love it
xXx