Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Embracing Challenges

I was blessed early in the new year to win a pass to the Inkspirations4U from the delightful Sonia Garbutt. If you are interested in joining this season (Valentine's and Birthday Extraveganza) you can go to her blog and get more detains from there. There are card challenges, colour challenges and projects to share and try...all of which embrace my New Year's Crafting Resolutions!!!

I popped over Monday PM to find the first colour challenge had been posted. Imagine my joy (shock, horror and utter discomfort) when I saw this.......


....a pink toned challenge!!!!

So I procrastinated (mulled, deliberated) over which way I would turn, and by the drive home from work Monday night I had decided that I was going to make the cards with Soft Summer. Havent used it for a long while and it may help ease the pain a little. I laso decided to really give the challenge a GOOD HARD GO and do not 1....but 3 CARDS to make the colours happen.

Card #1.....



I had not tried this border with the slit punch and was very happy with the result. The sentiment was from "Great Friend". The Basic Gray component is only in the outlining of the flowers.

Card #2...



I saw this card on SCS some time back and based it on it. I broke out my Scallop Corner punch for a bit of interest and also stamped the solid image in PIP on the PIP CS to make a self styling DP.

Card #3...



Again....another adaptation of this card I had in my CASE file compliments of Christine Healey.



I cut out an extra flower and popped it up on a dimensional as well as stamping the sentiment in WW Craft Ink and embossing it. All these things I have never done and now I am doing. I guess that is what challenges are all about.

I4U have now posted ANOTHER colour challenge (yeah more pink...LOL) so I am off to tackle that now.

Thanks for enduring this long bonus post. Will be back in the next couple of days with the other colour challenge. I have regular posts scheduled on the "odd days" (I figured blogging every 2 days was enough for all of you!!)

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Pretty In Pink, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Select Patterns II DP
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Pretty In Pink, Basic Gray, Whisper White Craft Ink
Stamps: (SU) Soft Summer, Sincere Salutations, Great Friend, Whimsical Words
Other Bits: (SU) Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Dimensionals, Slit Punch, Non SU Pink Organza Ribbon, Zing White EP

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You are a legend, Lynda! Good to see you embracing the pink challenge ... and doing 3 cards! Talk about going the extra mile! These are all very different ... but super gorgeous! Hugs xxaxx

Patrice said...

Go you! I am so impressed to see you tackling all these new challenges, and the colour pink must surely be getting easier to deal with lol.

Sonia G said...

I am so glad that you are embracing challenges.

I often surprise myself with what I acheive... not always my flavour so to speak, but happy enough with the turnout.

I love that you have tried three different techniques as well! You'll be the teacher soon!

Cheers
Sonia