Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pretty as a Princess

My bestie's daughter turns 8 very soon. I wanted to make her something very special as this will be the last thing she receives from me before she leaves to Singapore on the 15th Jan. Now being nearly 8...and a girly-girl...she LOVES pink, purple and princesses. Hmmmmmmmmm (clunk, clunk, CLUNK!!!!)

I have not utilised Princess Anya for a long time, so I worked around that...whist also trying to maintain my crafting resolutions!!! So....with the brief I had, here is my card....


I did such a happy dance when I put the last touch on the card!! I busted out mu much neglected Nesties for this card (Fancy Tags and Ovals) which also hepled carry the oval/spiral theme through from the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I paper pierced her dress with the Tea Party DP and firstly painted her star and crown with bright yellow watercolour crayon and then blinged it with Kindyglitz.












I cut Princess Anya out and mounted her on a white Nesties Oval. That and the Fancy Tag scroll sat up on dimensionals.













I finished off the embellishments with some small paper roses. I think they were the perfect touch. Debbie P uses them all the time in her cards and i have admired them for so very long...so thanks Debbie for that creative kick in the keester!!


I have kept Creative Resolutions towards pink, and using things in my stash (flowers, Nesties and Princess Anya)...so I am still ontrack...Woo Hoo!!!! I am also gunna enter this card in a challenge that Bizzy Becs has put forward to utilise Spellbinders Nestabilities (aka Nesties). She has some great specials on them till the end of the month.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Almost Amethyst (ret), Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Tea Party DSP (ret), Watercolour Paper
Ink: Black Stazon
Stamps: TGF - Princess Anya
Other Bits: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Scrollwork, Spellbinders Nestabilities - Fancy Tags and Petite Ovals Large, SU Small and Large Oval Punches, Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils and Lyra Watercolour Crayons, Kindyglitz Crystalline Glitter, Roses fm stash, Upkit Gold Numbers and Accents, Dimensionals.

Lynda xx


5 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Thanks for the tip about the Nesties being on sale. I have been wanting some for ages! Might pop by there now! This is simply too cute for words, Lynda! Ooooh ... how remiss ... I don't think that I thanked you for sharing a couple of these images with me! You are a sweetie! Hugs xxaxx

MadonnaDunn said...

So PROUD OF YOU!! Well done!! Now, can you do me a favour and add some more daffodil delight to your life?? You won't regret it!! LOL

Debbie Pamment said...

This is totally gorgeous Lynda - and thanx for the mention - so glad I inspire someone - LOL. LOVE the paper piecing too - that DP is perfect for this little princess!
xXx

Patrice said...

Simply stunning. This is one very pretty, very pink girlie card. Gorgeous!

x

Sonia G said...

And my daughters birthday is on..... honestly these are loverly!
TFS
Sonia