Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bye Bye Bestie....

As you are all reading this....my beautiful and bestest buddy is settling into her new digs in Singapore with her children and her partner. Still getting use to the fact that she is now a LONG way away....as opposed to being abt 50kms or so.

I wanted to make the final gift I gave her before she left something special and from my heart........so the cogs went on overdrive for many days. I had to take into consideration the size, weight and how it would travel...as it wld have to be packed to go OS. I went to my files and cruised and came across this. If I did something similar, it would be light and small enough as not to take up too much room....so I went to find some frames.

Tracey loves blues...so I also took that into consideration. This is what I gave her.....


I know she has a crafting nook in her new place, so I figured there can be a spot for them in there somewhere. Here they are seperately....



I stamped the Vanilla CS initially with the Weathered BGS with the ink sponged on in Crumb Cake, to soften it a little.



Then it was just a matter of using ink pads and markers to get the desired effect. I also had intended to stamp the grass behind the flowers....but kinda sorta FORGOT!! The "bullrush" look was achieved by using really Rust in the Horizontal Slot Punch and randomly stuck on.












The lettering was done using the Olivia Alphabet in the Cuttlebug. It was stuck on the base of the frame but not flush, so it has a bit of a 3D effect. When she puts them up, it can read "Friends Forever" or "Forever Friends". Either way, it speaks the truth and comes for the heart.

There is a lot of emotion that went into this gift, but the final result I am happy with...as was my bestie.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, River Rock, Really Rust
Ink: (SU) Crumb Cake, Mellow Moss, SWM's in Brocade Blue and So Saffron
Stamps: (SU) Inspired by Nature, Weathered BGS
Other bits: Picture frames (that fitted photo size 10 x 15cm)

Lynda xx

8 comments:

Patrice said...

Oh this is a gorgeous gift set Lynda. I love that the frames can sit either side of each other and still read properly - if that makes sense.

Sad that your bestie has moved far away :o( but lovely that she'll have your special frames to look at whenever she's in her crafty nook.

Kerry Parkinson said...

And who wouldn't be happy with it when it comes from the heart? Such beautiful work Lynda and such a beautiful gift that I'm sure will be as treasured as you are yourself.

Sonia G said...

Aaaw! The time has come obviously for her to see other pastures! I am sure that you are with her anyway and she's probably missing you as much as you miss her!
This is a beautiful gift and I am sure that it will take pride of place in her craft nook.
Cheers
Sonia

Dee said...

What a beautiful gift Lynda. I bet your bestie will love and cherish it.

Helen Williams said...

Very beautiful gift Lynda.

Cheryl said...

OMG WOW,what a GORGEOUS gift for your friend.....it's STUNNING!!! The best gift is one from the heart.....this is PERFECT!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Every time Tracey looks at these she will think of you! What a great idea to make her something to put in her craft room ... a common bond that you shared together ... stamping! Hugs xxaxx

paper bag create said...

Just beautiful and a wonderful pressie for your bestest bud!!!
:)