Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Style Beautiful - #1

I was so very lucky for Christmas and received some things on my wishlist....that being Stamp Sets - Lovely As A Tree and Style Beautiful as well as the Scallop Trim Border and co-ordinating Corner Punch!!! I was wrapped!!

So....Boxing day and I am off to my cousin's place for a relo bash and BBQ. It was also a chance to catch up with my cousin and her kids from Adelaide. She turned 50 about the same time as I had my little whoopsy mid last year and as a result....whilst I had the present all ready to go, creativity was not with me, so sadly nothing made it over. This led to guilt and all sorts of angst.

So....with new rubbah....I got off my keester and decided to make an appropriate card (sadly not the one I had hoped to give) and I wanted to try another Vintage type of card. Style Beautiful came to mind and I used this card for inspiration. Again...sincere apologies for the less than flattering pic, but I had to take it in my cousin's bathroom as I had no time to do it before we left!! It is actually a little softer IRL. Anyhow...here's my take...


I am loving the filigrees and flourishes that this set has and I think as I experiment more with Vintage style, it may get a couple of more gurnseys.

I even got game and sponged lightly the top of the embossed image. I was lucky to have a very similar folder to the set in my Cuttlebug folders.


I decided to finish off the present and card with a duplicated "50" in the same paper on a tag to go on the bag that held the bracelet I had bought.


Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake (Kraft), Optix Mauve CS, Gold Stardust paper
Ink: (SU) Crumb Cake, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
Stamps: (SU) Style Beautiful
Other Bits: Cuttlebug - Olivia Alphabet and Numbers set, Victoria Embossing folder, Dimensionals

Lynda xx



4 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Beautiful Cards Lynda.

Jean McKenzie said...

Lynda, This is a very elegant card! I love the colours and the way you have sponged the embossing. Beautiful font for that wording!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! You are really getting the hang of this vintage stuff! I haven't done one in a while ... so probably have forgotten how! (wink) Great stamp set ... so far I have resisted ... but I always want what someone else has ... so onto the wish list it goes! (grin) Love the bracelet too! Hugs xxaxx

Jenny Hayward said...

Gorgeous Lynda! So elegant. You have done a beautiful job. I'm sure your cousin would have loved it. Jenny xx