Sunday, January 23, 2011

As Lovely As 70!!

My darling Dad turned 70 recently. Such an occasion warranted a very special card. I broke out Lovely As A Tree which Santa bought me for Chrissy!! PERFECT for masculine cards.

I had 2 thoughts with regards to it. Sadly the 1st....ended up on the REJECT pile (ha...I endeavoured to emboss!!) on black CS with silver EP....not a very masculine result!! Dad is actually quite a shy and quite chap (yeah which makes you think I am recessive DNA!!), and a beautiful soul.

I then turned to this....and thought about what I had and what I couple do to add a personal touch. This is what I came up with....


I am so very happy with the way this turned out. I even decided to take a chance and try and watercolour the tree and the original did. Here's the tree up close.



Just that subtle bit of colour made all the difference. I stamped the image in Basic Brown ink, the pressed the stamp pad to the lid to get a lilttle colour. I dried off a little water from my aqua painter, picked up the ink from the lid and then washed it over the image. I even dragged ou some DSP from the Summer Mini 2008 - Holiday Harmony to get the Artichoke DP. Sometimes hoarding does pay off....hee hee hee.

I hope you like this card. It probably is layered a lot more than my usual style, but i like it all the same. Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Holiday Harmony DSP (2008 Summer Mini)
Ink: (SU) Basic Brown, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: (SU) Lovely As A Tree
Other Bits: Upkit Gold Numbers, "Krafty Savers" Craft Ribbon - Dk Chocolate

Lynda xx


2 comments:

Jenny Hayward said...

This is a great 'manly' card Lynda. I'm sure your Dad would have loved it! Love your watercolouring. You did a great job.

Love Jenny

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now ... this is absolutely perfect for a quiet soul! Love the colours ... love the softness ... love the serence & peaceful feel to the card. Hugs xxaxx