Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reverse Nestabilities....

Now I had never heard of this term before, but after watching a video on Stamp TV here it was actually quite logical. I literally stumbled across Stamp TV and Gina K...but I am very happy I did. I have found a couple of things and put them away for things later on.

My cousin's daughter Rhiannon recently turned 15. It is a real milestone as she was not expected to survive even 2 days when she was born. She has many special needs and difficulties, but our lives would be emptier without her. She loves bold colour and texture, so using what I found on Stamp TV and some cupcake fun....I came up with this....


Isn't the paper PERFECT???? It is by Papercraft and called "Sweet Party". I found it in Big W. It went perfectly with Big Bold Birthday. The hardest thing was matching the colours!!













I dry embossed the icing with Devine Swirls and popped it and the heart up on dimensionals to add some fun. To get the frame I used the Nestabilities Scallop Circles on the cupcake paper and then a plain circle on the Summer Sun CS to get the inlaid look. The wee heart on top mimics all the cherries on the DP. I love it...and can't believe I had not discovered this sooner!!! Here tis up close......


To finish it off...I used the same principal with the Curly Label Punch and the Vintage Labels set. A bit of Crystal Effects on the heart....and we were good to go!!


Thanks for sticking with me through this long winded post. Hope you are having a creative weekend. Have fun and thanks for popping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, Summer Sun, Papercraft Brand DP - Sweet Party
Ink: (SU) Close to Cocoa (ret), Almost Amethyst (ret), Rose Red Stamp and Write Marker
Stamps: (SU) Big Bold Birthday, Vintage Labels
Punches: (SU) Curly Label Punch
Other Bits: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large & Scallop Circles, Cuttlebug Devine Swirls Embossing Folder

Lynda xx

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now this is simply perfect for Little Miss Sunshine! Is it really a year since you were doing her b'day card last year??? Wowsers! Gorgeous paper ... and I get the reverse Nesties tech ... good use of scraps ... that's for sure! Must get my new Nesties out and use them a bit more! Hugs xxaxx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Gorgeous card, love the cupcakes (made me hungry - thanks!). The reverse nesties is effective and intriguing ... must give it a go myself. TFS! xx