Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bevvy of Boxes - #5

I have been at my job now nearly 16 months...yes time has flown. I love working with a larger staff...more opportunity to create havoc!! Running this well oiled machine is a fantastic Practice Manager - Judy. She is the QUEEN of multitasking, Mum, trouble shooter, confidant, negotiator and all round FAB lady. I managed to suss out when her birthday was and I wanted to make something special for her. I had seen this Top Note Die box on SCS here. I wanted to bust out something a little different and In my file I had a Vintage Vogue card I has seen here that I liked very much. I think it was the colour combination that attracted me first. Also helped that Judy like blue!!

I did change the card up a little bit to co-ordinate with the box, but kept the colour scheme the same. Here's the finished box..


Front and side.....











You may notice the Reverse Masking on the top of the box. I used the negative from the Nesties Labels 8 and sponged it in Whisper White Craft Ink to almost give a faux shadow....I love the effect. I even used a BUTTON!!! I think it is the very first time I have used a button as an embellishment. It covered the join nicely on the double layered ribbon. So I took it one step further. I changed up the card to keep the Labels 8 theme going.


On the original card they had used a Curly Label punch, but once again I reverse masked the Nestabilitles Labels 8, and also added some leaves and used half pearls instead of brads. It turned out better than I had hoped. I had never reverse masked at all before, but I think I will definitely do a LOT more of it.

The box held Judy's favourite indulgance....dark chocolate...and a couple of milk chockies for later on of course!! To complete the look I stamped a plain white paper bag. It look good I think all together. This co-ordination thing has some merit!!


These Top Note boxes are small but I am aware that there are different sized versions around. Judy DID love her pressie and managed to keep (most) of the chocolate from her kids. Give these wee boxes a try...they are very easy and a LOT of fun to make. Perfect size to hold diamond things perhaps girls???

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue, Whisper White Craft Ink, Versamark
Stamps: (SU) Vintage Vogue, Lovely Letters, Amy R "Birthday Sentiments"
Other bits: (SU) Sizzix Little Leaves Die, Dimensionals, Designer Buttons - Sherbert, Mini Glue Dots, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 (many of the sizes), Burgandy Grosgrain and Light Blue organdy ribbon fm Alice's, Blue Satin ribbon fm Big W, 1/2 pearls fm stash

Lynda xx


5 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow wow wow this is a fantastic little gift set Lynda. It all coordinates beautifully and Vintage Vogue is my all time fave set so I'm especially partial :o)

I love all the little elements you brought to your project. I bet Judy was thrilled!

Sonia G said...

Do you want to know when my birthday is?????? I like the box! You can't go wrong with either the Top Note die or Vintage Vogue, throw in Rich Razz and your gonna turn heads!
Lovely job!
Cheers
Sonia

Debbie Pamment said...

OMG I can feel the kilos piling on just looking at what you put inside this box - LOL. It's a gorgeous box and I'm sure it will be gratefullt received!
xXx

Cheryl said...

OMG these are GORGEOUS and such a fabulous colour combo!!! Will have to try one of these.Hmmmm maybe I should make one for hubby to fill for me....lol.........!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! I can't believe I missed this ... during my "down time" from the computer! It is gorgeous Lynda! You are just ooooozing mojo at the moment! Hugs xxaxx