Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cracked Tree

I have had a further play with Lovely As A Tree. This time inspired by this. I took a layer off, but it is otherwise a direct CASE. I had never tried the Cracked Glass technique. Sometimes it is called Shattered Glass. Hindsight has told me to invest in some UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) because doing it with noraml clear EP is certainly time consuming. On this card I must have done 10-11 layers. I also re-Versamarked the image once to get the coverage even again.

Here's the card


As a masculine card...I love it! I also like it purely mounted on the brown, as opposed to the caramel in the original. 1st use of Creamy Caramel too....can you believe it...and they retired it...LOL!!




The "cracks" in the EP really give it an aged look that matches very well with the Weathered BGS. The layered Word Window punch with the Pewter brads add a lovely finishing touch. I am so loving this stamp set and actually wonder how I managed without it!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel (ret), Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Stamps: (SU) Lovely As A Tree, Weathered BGS, Sincere Salutations
Other Bits: SU Word Window Punch, Kaiser Pewter Brads, Ranger Super Fine Clear EP

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Beautiful Card, I love 'Lovely as a Tree' Stamp Set.

Sonia G said...

I really love this! You just have a way with masculine cards.
It was great to meet you last week. The kids thought that you and your kids rocked!
In case you didn't get the email, it was a baby boy born 23/1/11
Cheers
Sonia

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh Lynda! Talk about perseverance ... 11 layers??? No wonder I have never tried this technique ... now I am not sure that I want to! It looks fantastic ... but ... I usually like cards that come together reasonably quickly. I must get my Lovely as a Tree out ... and have a play, too! Hugs xxaxx

Anonymous said...

Love this - and all that effort for a male card!!! You've done a sensational job! I have a feeling I have some DSP with a similar effect... may have to find it and case this card!! Might be a little easier using DSP than all those layers!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration.