Friday, January 14, 2011

MORE Challenge Embraced.....

Hi there - another bonus post to show you the 2nd colour challenge from I4U. This time it was a TAD easier....but still a PINK element!!! Here's what we were set....


Surprisingly, this card came together very quickly (although there was a LOT of cutting out involved!!) This is my take on the Colour Challenge......



Apologies for the darkish photography, but the light goes very quick here of an afternoon. I have to confess, this was my virgin use of Blushing Bride Ink (having used the CS only once) and I wasn't sure how a Rock 'n' Roll technique would go on the edges of the flowers, So I go out my Real Red Stamp Spot and grazed the edges in different ways to get the different effects. LOVE the final look!! The background is stamped with Baja Breeze and also the flourish on the Nestabilities Scallop Circle (would be VERY lost without these) is stamped off twice so as to be very very faint.





It was all glued down along the edge of the Nestabilitie shape, but not flat, so as to give it dimension and then the Scallop Oval was popped up on Dimensionals.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: (SU) Baja Breeze, Blushing bride, Real Red
Stamps: (SU) Vintage Vogue, Whimsical Words
Other bits: Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Scallop Ovals, Dimensionals

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Oh my goodness you're on fire! LOVE it. Very pretty and feminine. I think you're starting to fall for pink :o) go on admit it lol.

x

Sonia G said...

This is simply beautiful!
I haven't used Blushing Bride much either!
Hope you are having fun at work! And I look forward to seeing your next lot of creations.
Cheers
Sonia

Debbie Pamment said...

Just gorgeous!!!! I love that vine for stamping around edges - it looks sooo pretty in this muted tone. LOVE the rock and roll on he flowers too!
xXx

Cheryl said...

WOW gorgeous colours and what a BEAUTIFUL card!!!
I hope you have a bright and happy 2011!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love the effect of the ink! You are a clever girl! Sweet card ... and perfect balance of colour for this challenge! So great you are joining in the fun at INK4U! Hugs xxaxx