Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who Needs Stamps??

Now before all my stamping friends launch a full scale assault on my being....let me explain. You see....before I even considered trying stamping...I was a passionate Punch Artist. For some odd reason I got HUGE mounts of pleasure from putting together different shaped pieces of paper and making a new form. That obsession has led to a MORE than healthy collection of punches (I was gunna tell you all how many...but it's embarrasing!!)

Back to the post...

I had inadvertently misplaced a birthday (as you sometimes do) and needed a card in a hurry. I recently aquired the large and small SU star punches and had not given them a go. That then led to my recalling that I had some star paper in my stash as well as a star embossing plate for my Cuttlebug. The card was for a 5yo boy and this was the end result.







I was so very happy with the result and as you can see I kept the colour scheme fairly bold and basic. Unfortunately what does not show that well is that the blue background had a shimmer to the paper. It just added a little bit of interest.

Thanks for stopping bu and I'll catch you again soon.

Supplies:
Punches: Lg and small SU star Punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 SU square punch.
Other bits: Red and Yellow CS fm Alice's. Blue shimmer paper I think is called "Stardream" also fm Alice's. Upkit No "5" sticker.
Cuttlebug: Embossing folder "Stars"

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous job - as a quilter I really appreciate the way shapes can go together to create something fascinating - sooo punch away - LOL
xXx

Cheryl said...

Fabulous,punches are so much fun to use,a perfect boy card!!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I can absolutely tell that the blue card has a shimmer to it! The stars are fab ... and ... drool ... oh to have a cuttlebug or a big shot! You are the star, Lynda! This is just perfect. You are just perfect. Have I kissed your feet enough yet ... to apologise for my absence??? I will keep scrolling down for more posts to ooooh and aaaah over! Take care! Hugs xxx

Tanya Kito said...

Hey Lynda, your card is wonderful :) & yes I can tell the blue was 'a shimmering & shining' away there. I love the stars you have made, they are so easy aren't the?!
Thanks for sharing your creativity & I can certainly see why you were happy with the end result (& no i didn't switch off my comp, I decided to do some blurfing)
HUgs
Tan