Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tote-tally cute!!

So it's a bad pun..but it's been a long day at work today!!

A fair while ago, my friend Kathryn and I attended a workshop conducted by Angela Sargeant. It was based around a very popular technique doing the rounds at the time which was watercolouring roses. We had so much fun doing this and we made the following cards. Please also take into consideration that this was my first real contact with embossing!!






The third project we did was a cute-to-boot little tote bag! I have had one more than 1/2 finished for my daughter...and thankfully...she is too young to read my blog (she's 5!!) I had to do a Chrissy present for the sister of Fantasy Box #5 who was 4 JUST before Christmas...so I thought this would be perfect. They hold a bucketload of fairies, plastic bling, Bratz......anything close to the heart of that generation. I put a very bright shirt in it an there you go!!

Here's the tote from the original workshop.....




...and here's the one I made for Miss 4!!


























Again, these are made from one sheet of 12 x 12 paper and then contrast CS, bling and ribbon.

Hope that you have had a creative day.

Supplies:
Angela's w'shop -
CS: (SU) Old Olive, Tangering Tango, Confetti White.
Stamp set: (SU) 5th Avenue Floral
Ink: (SU) White Craft Ink, Reinkers - Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun.
DSP: (SU) Haiku
Extras: Riding Hood Red ribbon, White EP, brads, Tab Punch, Scallop Edge Punch.

My Bag:
Paper: EK Baby Collection DP - Hugs and Kisses
CS: Purple Stardream
Extras: Ribbon, Brads and Flowers fm Alice In Paperland


Lynda xx

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW these are absolutely stunning!!! Love the gorgeous flowers,I didn't purchase that set........hmmm best get it soon.Sweet totes as well,you just amaze me with your creativity!!
xx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW these are FABULOUS Lynda - not sure WHY you are apologising for the embossing?!?!?! I love this set and think it's perfect for these - gorgeous job and stunning ideas. Hope that's enough superlatives for ya - need coffee before I can come up with more - LOL.
xXx

Bec said...

WOW.. these are stunning Lynda.. I love them all.. Bec xx

Tanya Kitto said...

Love the totsye Lynda, but then you know me & I love anything girly :) The watercolouring is stunning & I do very much LOVE the second tote you made...the flower is B-E-A-UTIFUL. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent :)
Hugs
Tan xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hey Lynda,was this normal watercolouring or was it "floating watercolour"???? Love the depth of the colours ... haven't seen it so richly vibrant before. EXCELLENT JOB, HUNNY! Love the tote, too!
I think I have finally caught up on all your posts. (backwards of course!) Thanks for all the wonderful inspiraton! Big hugs. xxx