Monday, January 4, 2010

More of the Same

As promised.....here are another couple of easel cards. These 2 cards fit into a standard envelope. The cards measure 14.8cm x 10.5cms.

The first card is the first time I used Basic Grey as a colour (will not be the last though). Being an 'economic crafter', I look out for things in bargain stores. The background paper in this card is no exception. This paper was in a packet of 24 DSP's and were $2 at the Reject Shop!!! I got 2 packs, one blacks/whites/greys and the other baby themed. Both have come in very, very handy...but I digress. When I looked at the paper the flower reminded me of the one from Pocket Silhouettes. Match the paper colour, match the stamp and there you have it!! The sentiment is from 'Amy R' pack of Birthday Sentiments from Bizzy Becs. Love the monochrome look of this card.



The second card is almost a direct CASE again fm SCS here. I thought it had a kind of vintage feel to it, so perfect for the slightly more mature recipient. I added another row of the decorative punch at the top, as well as along the bottom of the vanilla cardstock inside. The flower stamp is a 2-step one, in that the markers are coloured directly onto the stamp and then stamped. The outline is then lined up where you wish for it to be (using a Stamp-a-ma-jig or similar) and then stamped. I was very happy with the end result. Hope you perhaps want to give this sort of card a go...it won't be your last.




Card 1
Card: SU - Basic Grey, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Grey
Stamp Set: Pocket Silhouettes (SU), Amy R Birthday Sentiments
Punches: Lg & Sm Oval punch
Extras: White satin craft ribbon, Dimensionals
Card 2
Card: SU - Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Markers: Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Versamark
Stamp Set: Heartfelt Thanks (SU), Amy R Birthday Sentiments
Punches: Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch, Lg Oval, Scallop Oval
Extras: Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

Lynda xx

6 comments:

Bec said...

oh lynda, these are so pretty.. bec xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful - well worth popping in to check out! Love the white doilie punch with the deep purple - and the elegance of the 1st card is wonderful too!
Have bitten the bullet and made my first easel card too - and you're right - think I'm hooked - LOL
xXx

steph said...

Hey Lynda,

Welcome to the world of blogging I hope you find it fun and rewarding! I love your projects specially the baby gift that is cute as!! I will be returning lots to check you out!! Thanks so much for sending me the link!! Steph X

Cheryl said...

WOW Lynda,LOVE your cards,they are all gorgeous!!! Thanks for getting a blog and sharing,I can now get some inspiration from you!! Sorry it took me so long,I have only just checked my email......I forget to check it sometimes...lol...
xx

Tanya Kitto said...

Lynda, your easel cards are WONDERFUL :) Thanks so much for sharing them.....I think I might wait till we go on holidays before I give them a try, but they are def on the list
Hugs
Tan xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh ... and make sure you remind me that I want to try these easel cards, too! Drooled over your previous one ... but still haven't had a chance to make one myself. (Too many birthdays in one week!) Love the lacy border. Very elegant! Hugs, Andrea xxx