Monday, January 25, 2010

Traditional and Adaptable

You may have noticed over the past couple of posts that I have been using versatile layouts. Well (sorry) here I show again!!! (and yes...a terrible array of sad puns!!)

Some time back I got this FAB old SU set (the name of which elluded me and the seller) from eBay, but it has the CUTEST bear. There are 13 stamps in the set all tolled and it is circa 1993. So old infact that SU mounted on black foam...not wood!!!


So here's where the OCD with the bear began.....










Recently, one of the gals I use to work with some years ago had a little baby girl. She named her Nadia. So I went to this beautiful set and tweaked it a bit. Here's the result...






As you can see, instead of using the ribbon/ ric-rac, I spelt the name of the baby in 1/2" and 3/4" circles. It was stamped onto SU Very Vanilla CS in Basic Brown ink. Unfortunately, I can't tell you the name of the alphabet set because I have had it for so long it has worn off the container. Each letter is on a circular peg like wooden mount....so they are super-dooper easy to use. The corners of the squares were done with a 1/4" circle punch. SU have a ticket corner punch, but I don't....so I had to improvise.....and it worked a treat!!

Oh yeah....and I AM AWARE I used a heap of pink for this card....LOL!!!

Stuff used:
Card: Optix Para Pink, Navy and Purple, SU Very Vanilla
Paper: DP fm multi pack I picked up at Big W.
Ink: SU Basic Brown, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant
Stamps: Alphabet set (unknown), SU Bear et al set (circa 1993).
Misc: Gold brads, ribbon and ric-rac fm stash, gold Upkit number stickers
Punches: CP 1 - 1/4", 1/2" and CP 2 -  3/4" Carla Craft punches.

Lynda xx





6 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

I LOVE bears so this "OCD" bear post was an absolute delight to share in! LOVE the way you spelt out the name - good job it wasn't too long or you would have needed a bigger card - LOL.
xXx

Cheryl said...

Oh so simple and yet so adorable,you never cease to amaze me,they look fab uncoloured as well!!!
xx

Tanya Kitto said...

Hey Lynda, That bear is gorgeous, just because he is old doesn't mean he's no good, just like wine, he has improved with age...lol :P
Thanks for sharing your superb cards & oh I LOVE the pink....maybe Andrea & I are turning you....... there is hope :P
Hugs
Tan xox

Charmaine Black said...

Cute bear Lynda, I love the new look. I'm so glad I could be of assistance and it all worked ok for you. Take care, lots of inky hugs from Charmaine ;-)

Bec said...

such a cute bear.. i do love all these cards.. bec xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh ... am loving the pink, Lynda! Very brave of you! Good to go out of your comfort zone. I'm feeling that perhaps the design layout is becoming a little toooo comfortable, though! LOL! :wink: But ... I get it ... sometimes a sketch idea just works so well ... and makes it easy to get the mojo flowing. Hugs xxx