Thursday, January 28, 2010

And they're OFF!!!!!!!

Back to school....woo hoo!!!

I have a sort of tradition that I like to do for kids that are about to start big school. As you all know, it is a big thing and even bigger if you go to a place where you are the smallest thing!! So to make it a wee easier...they get a special card in the mail. Sorry about the picture quality, the light was not that great!! This is the card I did for my daughter last year. Unfortunately time constraints did not allow me to take pics of the cards going out this year....cause we NEVER leave it to the last minute....do we??







I combined punches and stamps to go for a school-like theme. The actual blackboard is a cut down CP21 Square Punch and the 'woodgrain' around it is hand drawn. The "ABC" is from the SU Big Deal Alphabet with more punches to accompany.

I stamped the child's name with the alphabet set that I used with the bear card for Nadia a couple of posts back. Then it was punched out with a Carla Craft CP1 Apple and daisy petals for leaves. I think they are too cute. Also gives the card and extremely personal touch. The "Good Luck" on the blackboard is the same alphabet in white ink.

Hope all the Mum's out there are enjoying a well earnt PEACEFUL cuppa and some much meeded craft time....before the 3pm onslaught this afternoon.I know I will be!!

Stuff used
CS: Optix Sand and Generic White, red and green CS fm stash
Ink: (SU) real Red, Ballet Blue, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, White ink (fm craft store)
Punches: CP2- Apple, Balloon Car, CP1- 1/4 circle, Apple, Daisy-S, CP21 Square
Stamps: (SU) Big Deal Alphabet, Mini "peg" alphabet set fm stash.

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOOHOO.....lol.....it is lovely to be able to get some things done and not listen to whinging, hehehe.Love your card,what a fabulous idea!!
xx

Bec said...

love this card lynda.. bec xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a lovely tradition ... you are such a sweet mum! And ... I love the extra hand drawn "woodgrain" effect! Very impressive! I thought it was a design on the paper. Looks professional to me! What a shame we didn't get to see this year's. But ... u r so right ... we NEVER leave things to the last minute!!! Does it make you feel better to know that two of my brothers-in-law had their birthday LAST WEEK ... and I haven't even made their cards yet??? Oooops!!! (My only excuse is I was away on hols!!!) But ... I am determined to get them done today! Hugs xxx