Saturday, January 9, 2010

Boxing Day

Coming up to Christmas....my kitchen takes a bit of a battering. Being an Insulin Dependent Diabetic...you don't usually cook sweet things...but the festive season kinda dictates that its needed!! So with that in mind...I hit the kitchen and made Florentimes, Choc/Walnut Fudge and White Christmas. Most of it went to the kid's teachers in decorated noodle boxes. However, you always need to find that unique way to deliver that special sugar hit!!

I found mine whilst browsing an issue of "Cardmaking for Birthdays" (#1) in the article "The Perfect Package". This is what the finished result looked like!!











The best thing about these cute little boxes is that it is all made out of 1 sheet of A4 cardstock. The other good thing is that they hold HEAPS!!!!!



I have been a bit hit and miss with belly bands, but this one was easy peasy and the "bow" on top is 6 scallop circle punches (5 folded in 1/2 and glued back to back and the 6th acts as the base to which they are glued.)



Sorry that I can't help you with a link to "How to", but if you wish to know more, drop me an e mail at ellouise1969@hotmail.com and I'll try and organise a way of getting the measurements to you.

Stuff used:
Cardstock: (SU) Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip.
Paper: (SU)  Holiday Treasures DSP
Ink: Versamark,
Stamp Set: (SU) Seasons of Joy
Punch: (SU) Scallop Circle Punch

Enjoy what the day brings you.

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Tanya Kitto said...

Oh me oh my, these little boxes are AWESOME!!!!!! I just lurve packaging, & how super duper special that they only use 1 piece of A4....talk about economic, you can't buy something pre made for that price, or that SPECIAL :) Well done sweetpea :)
hugs
Tan xox

Leonie Schroder said...

these are noice Lynda ... and they have Dove chockies in them too - my fav ;)

congrats on the new blog and posting regularly ... you're putting me to shame!

I was going to start creating today but my back is killing me and they didnt have any new ones in the Chemist :(

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous little boxes hiding a wealth of goodies - yummo!!! What a fabulous idea for the kid's teachers!
xXx

Bec said...

what a fabulous idea.. I love them.. makes me want to go eat chockies now..LOL.. Bec xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I know ... I know ... I am going backwards through your latest posts. The story of my life!!! Always going backwards! But ... I gotta say ... the inspiration is incredible! I absolutely MUST try this design. But ... it will have to wait until I get back from hols. Will you remind me that I want to try this one ... and the Fantasy box too??? Thanks! Hugs xx