Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Half Sheet Challenge!!

The FAB Claire Daly set a fantastic challenge recently. Some of you may have heard of a One Sheet Wonder (OSW) whereby you take a sheet of CS and randomly stamp images all over it and then make cards from that one sheet. There are many examples of how to do it and here is just one.

Anyhow, Claire set the challenge for a HALF sheet wonder......same concept but only half as much. Knowing my tight-fisted Scottish ancestory would come in handy, I decided to give it a burl. All in all I got 4 CARDS to the half sheet. The other challenge for me was to overcome a chronic case of procrastinations!!!! It started out like this...



then this.....




and finally...

Card 1


Card 2


Card 3





Card 4


I relied on the colours and CS I had the most of....then another problem....I ran out of Regal Rose CS.....AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Hence the Pink Pirouette (card 2). The half sheet was stamped in Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Lovely Lilac.

For those of you eagle eyes out there....you will notice that there were originally 5 cards planned.....but card 3 wound up a combo of two of them. I challenged myself by attempting things that I had not before...like the Faux Pinwheel (card 2) as well as using a little more ribbon than I do (card 4)!!!! Basically...I used it...LOL!! I also wanted to use a couple of my punches...and I am really happy with the results.

How's about you challenge yourself to a Half Sheet Wonder (HSW) or OSW. They are great fun and a real hoot....minus the procrastination of course!! Thanks Claire for helping me outa my creative comfort zone!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla.
Inks: (SU) As above and Versamark
Stamps: (SU) Priceless, Best Yet, Birthday Wish, Polka Dot BGS
Punches: (SU) Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Wide Oval Punch,Lg Oval Punch, Lg and Small Tag Punch, Carla Craft CP2 - 3/4" Circle and CP1 1/2 " circle.
Misc: SU pink rhinestone brad, Dimensionals, Certainly Celery Twill Ribbon, Victorian Cuttlebug embossing plate.

Thanks for making it through to the end of the post. Catch you soon with some back to school fun!!

Lynda xx

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW,you just keep on surprising me,these are awesome and well done on the challenge!!!
xx

Steph said...

These are gorgeous Lynda! Well done! I do like the one sheet wonder it such a quick way to make a heap of cards! Steph X

Bec said...

WOW.,. gorgeous card Lynda.. I agree with Cheryl.. you are full of surprises... love them all.. Bec xx

Christie Kunkel said...

Im a real fan of OSW yours looks great

Sonia G said...

Wow,
These are fantastic Lynda! You have used my most favourite set, so I'll have to case these for sure.
Thank for sharing.
Sonia

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Gee Whiz, hunny! These are fantastic! Do you know that I have never done a "one sheet (or 1/2 sheet) wonder" before??? I am suitably impressed. Love the pin wheel ... must tuck that idea away in the little brain! And ... the Pretty in Pink is FINE. (Have you ordered some Regal Rose yet???) So nice to see my fav "Priceless" get such a nice run! Hugs xxx