Sunday, June 12, 2011

Growing too fast......

Morning all....I hope you are all enjoying the start of this long weekend here is Australia.

Now I did mention that life has been very much ffwd of late. One thing that happened is that my little girl turned 7!!! She is the biggest girly-girl (and yes I guess Mummy is slowly adjusting to this phenomenon), so I wanted her birthday card to reflect this.

Like most girls her age....she LOVES PINK, fairies, dancing, make believe and any combination of the aforementioned. She loves my Fairy Chloe image from The Greeting Farm (TGF), so I went with that. This is her card....


Now (sadly) this is the first gate fold card I have ever attempted. The cards were a thank you gift from a nursing student we had at the beginning of the year. Somehow...she got the feeling I was into craft....wonder how huh???

Now IRL, this card really sparkles. After painting the skin and hair with aqua crayons and pencils, I KindyGlitzed the wings. I also managed to cut Fairy Chloe out with Nesties so that her wings stuck out beyond the circle. I also paper pierced the dress in some of the paper.












On the inside I continued the circle and sparkle theme with a "7". Needless to say hen she opened the card...the squeals were very high pitched and I am sure some dogs ran yelping from the area....hee hee hee.


So what do you do to top it all off....hmmmmm make 36 mini cup cakes for school on the day too. And yes...they were very PINK...and strawberry flavoured. To keep the boys happy, I left some spares plain!!! Now please bear in mind I am no Martha Stewart when it comes to cakes etc, but it is what Miss 7 wanted!! So easy to serve up, all they had to do was lift one off the board and pop in in their mouths!!



Thanks so much for enduring a long post. Hope to see you again soon.

Stuff Used:
CS: The Paper Mill Textured Gate Fold Cards, PaperCraft - "Sweet Party" paper (fm Big W)
Ink: Stazon & Water colour Crayons and Pencils
Stamps: The Greeting Farm - Fairy Chloe
Other Bits: Nestabilities Circles and Scallop Circles, Glitter #'s fm Hot Dollar, KindyGlitz - Crystalline

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

A perfect card for a pink and glitter loving 7 year old! Love the card darl, the image with the sparkles and paper piecing is gorjuss and those cupcakes in the shape of a 7 - inspired! Hope Miss 7 had a wonderful b'day and mum has now recovered from all that PINK!!! LOL

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful card for a special girl,love all the glitz and PINK(your favourite colour)....lol....I hope your girl had a wonderful day!!!
xx

Katie said...

Great card for your gorgeous (little) girl... I am sure she absolutely adores it, adding the extra glitter on the wings makes it magical xxoo

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fabulous and gorgeous ... and VERY PINK!!! I had to giggle when you shared that you had a girly girl! Perhaps she will train her mum??? I am sure you will embrace all the frills and sparkle (& pink) as the years pass. And ... just wait until you have a pink grandbaby. Then I can guarantee you will fall in love with PINK!!! Love the yummy cake. I noticed all the details you mentioned ... including the wings outside the circle! What a clever little chicken. Hugs xxaxx

Anonymous said...

I am laughing at all the "pink" comments! This is a very cute card though!