Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shock and Awwwwwwwwwww.......

Hi there all!!

Firstly, my sincere apologies for having not posted often recently. In a nutshell....things have taken on a MASSIVE full forward thrust here....and sadly, blogging was very much low on the list of priorities. I hope to remedy that today. I have so much to show you all. I have had many birthdays, been to craft camp this weekend just gone and have remained creating in the interim.

I cannot go any further without saying a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all my followers, readers and "poppers by" for helping me reach over 5,200 blog hits. I am gobsmacked and so very shocked to say the least. I hope you will continue to enjoy the cards and projects I share with you.

Onto the "AWWWWWWW" of today's title.

Now as you all may know, I am an avid sporty and netballer. One of the gals on the team recently got engaged, so I volunteerds to make the card for the happy couple. I was inspired by this card I saw on SCS. I did however wish for a splash of colour as opposed to the monochrome palate use on the SCS card. This is what I came up with.....


I must admit...I had a heck of a lot of fun making this card. I stuck to 3 colours.....Riding Hood Red, Choc Chip and Old Olive.....and Whisper White of course!! I was struggling with a main colour that wld suit both a boy and a gal, because the boy is getting the card too of course, then I stumbled across the DP that I received as a gift from the (lifesaving) Kerry Bunting. I attended one of her Cards for the Troops sessions and received this DP as part of a thank you gift for participating.

I also love the little details on the owls, being the small beaks (which PS I am really glad I do not cut for all the owls I do....LOL!!) and her small hair bow. The leaves are from the XL Bird Punch and sentiment is from "So Happy For You" which was one of the SAB SU sets this year.












Thanks for popping by. I have a MOUNTAIN of projects to sort thru and post, so pop by again soon please....you know that you are more than welcome.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie (beaks), Riding Hood Red DP
Ink: (SU) Riding Hood Red
Stamps: (SU) So Happy For You (SAB '11)
Punches: (SU) Owl Punch, Bird Punch
Other Bits: Dimensionals, White Gel Pen

Lynda xx

8 comments:

Katie said...

Ummmmm ...... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE. and I bet the happy couple did too. What a cutie of a card but says it all.

Patrice said...

This is such a gorgeous card! Love the bright bit of colour you've chosen. Perfect!

xox

Helen Williams said...

Welcome back Lynda, I have missed you.
Love this card, I have a engagement card to make, I will have to case you.
Looking forward to seeing all your projects.
Love and Hugs
Helen
Ps I love your new back ground.

Kerry Parkinson said...

LOVE THIS in red! Oh my, it is sooooooooo vibrantly cheerful and full of life and fun! FANTASTIC! I hear you on the whole beaks issue, LOL! I'm sure the happy couple adore it. xx

Crystal said...

Hi there! Welcome back, so glad to know there are others out there who's blogging had to fall by the wayside for a bit! :)

Thanks so much for the shout-out to my card, and I just love what you did with it! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Absolutely perfect! You have totally captured that "new love" feeling. Love the hair bow ... and the colours are fantastic. Hugs xxaxx

Kim Tonnet said...

Congrats on the blog hits, it's nice to know you're not out there talking to yourself isn't it? Rest assured I look often. Also good to see you back at punch art which you love and have such a talent for. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for sharing your stuff last weekend not only with me but my friends. I know we interrupted you alot and this cuts down productivity. I really wasn't at my best with the cold/flu on board and am sorry I wasn't more inspiring! Am still struggling with my health this week. Take care and I might see you on Sunday - we're at North Ryde at 11am. Luv KimT

Sonia G said...

Very Cute!
And Congrats on over 5000 hits.... you'll soon be hitting 10000 as more people find your lovely blog.
Cheers
Sonia