Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fly Free.....

I recently took part in a blog hop featuring a new release from a US company The Craft's Meow. I was blown away by these sets and felt an instant connection to a couple of the. The first set I played with was Fly Free which is featured in this post. I guess this was the start of my newly acquired butterfly fetish....LOL!!!

I wanted my first cards to look like they looked like they had come from an old glory chest or similar...you know that old vintage tea stained look. Here's what I came up with....



Black Soot



Early Espresso

I dragged out the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and teamed it up with SU's Early Espresso and some DP. I also busted out a new KaiserCraft Clear Stamp called Sheet Music. I used this on the background. The sentiments are from Fly Free.



I changed it up a little and offset a shape the same as the one stamped to give a shadowed effect.....I really liked the look. The background was stamped off in the Espresso and Black Soot to add interest.





Don't you just love the feeling the butterflies leaving the cage gives.... or perhaps I am over thinking it too much??

I have more butterflies to show....but I think you have had enough for one post. Hope to see you soon.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Early Espresso.
DP: Legacy Collage # 0554 - Diamonds
Ink: (SU) Early Espresso, Tim Holtz Distress inks in: Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Black Soot
Stamps: TCM - Fly Free, KaiserCraft Clear Acrylic Stamp - Sheet Music
Punches: (SU) Scallop Oval Punch, Curly Label Punch

Lynda xx



4 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! Lynda ... you are so getting the hang of this card making ... aren't you! I can just see such a wonderful journey ... as you create ... you are growing in your style and flair! I love this one. And ... you are right ... there IS something special about the moment of freedom for the butterflies!:) Hugss xxaxx

Katie said...

Oh those butterflies, how I wish I could just flutter away somewhere *smiles*... Love these cards Lynda, they just make me smile when I am looking at them. :D

Kerry Parkinson said...

Both such lovely cards and I adore the b/flies fluttering freely; how blissful does that look? Wouldn't it be nice to escape your cares for just a little bit?! Ah well! Your glory chest stain look is fab and the silhouette behind the sentiment so effective I initially thought that was a real shadow and you had tons of dimensionals on there! Wonderful cards darl, looking forward to seeing more. xxhugs

Jenny Hayward said...

These are fantastic Lynda. You have done a superb job. Love those butterflies. (Just noticed you have even changed your blog with butterflies!)

I have just caught up on all your recent creations. Happy Birthday to Miss 7!!!!!!!

Love Jenny x