Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crafter's Retreat 2011 #3

The following cards are expamples of how bits come together to make real an idea bouncing around a brain. At the last Craft Expo at Rosehill Racecourse, I stumbled upon some magical DP that had giant clocks all over it. I was immediately reminded of the stamp set "Sense of Time". Only thing was...I do not own it....but Bestie did. So a few e mails later...she promised to bring it to camp with her, so I could have a play. I wanted to have a play with all things vintage again....so here's the results.....

                                                                                 #1


I left the sentiments off some of the cards...so I could decide later. The clocks on #1 and #2 are matted on a piece of Early Espresso to show a v v thin 1mm border.

                                                                             #2


and #3





As you can see I stamped off the ink and continued the "cog" motif around the edge of the card and the DP. I also popped up the clock on a dimensional.

I am really loving playing with the Tim Holtz inks. They sponge on so v v easily and evenly...and you gotta love that!!!!

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Early Espresso and Kaisercraft "Timeless Collection" ~ P657 - World map...flip side is the clocks!!) and P656 - Script
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye and Black Soot
Stamps: (SU) Sense of Time
Other Bits: Dimensionals

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Jenny Hayward said...

Great Cards with Sense of Time Lynda. Love them! I have just borrowed this set from a friend too so I hope to have a play soon. I can get a few ideas here ;)
Take care,
Love Jenny xx

Katie said...

Oh I keep looking at that stamp set (but currently have a reign on my spendings LOL, buying a house does that), I love your cards especially with the DSP goes perfectly together

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well ... aren't you a clever little bunny! All similar ... but all so different! You are getting the hang of this 'vintage' look. I am hopeless with it ... I always seem to overdo my vintage cards! You had a fun time ... didn't you! Hugs xxaxx