Thursday, June 16, 2011

For a friend......

One of the magical things that exist in the world of blogging is the fact that you have so many friends....and most of them you will never meet. Yet somehow, through creativity and inspiration you connect on a level and run with it. Comments on their blogs turn to chats via e mail....texts and the odd call. You become a part of their lives as they do yours, sharing highs, lows and all in between.

Sadly, one of my beautiful friends has had the ultimate roller coaster ride of late, so, I thought I'd send her something to let her know that I cherish her friendship and I think her strength is amazing with all that she was going through.

Small digression...

I got the idea for this bookmark from the amazing Dawn Griffiths here. I used the logic that one Bigz Die would be similar to another and I went from there.

Back to the story....

This person has a very strong faith, so I thought that the bookmark may be able to be used in her Bible, which I know is very special to her. This is the bookmark I made...


Since this was the very first one of these I had made (using the logic principle) I was so very happy with the way it turned out. The ribbon marks the page and the butterfly sits on the front cover of whatever book you are reading. The beautiful thing about this is that I could combine it with Elements of Style. Here is the detail close up...



I teamed this up with a card in the same set.



I felt the sentiment reflected perfectly what I wanted to convey to her at the time. For me this was co-ordination on a massive scale as everything was all in the same colours. Here is what she received all together......



Since making this initial bookmark, I have made MANY more. The girls at work have really taken to them and they are going like hot cakes. I will show you the other colour combinations later on.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry
Stamps: (SU) Elements of Style, Warm Words
Other bits: (SU) Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Sizzix Bigz Butterfly Die, Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Ivory half pearls from stash

Lynda xx




3 comments:

Patrice said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous little set. Love the Razzleberry,it looks stunning against the white.

I hope your friend gets off that roller coaster soon!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I soooooo want one of these!!! Oh! Wait!!! I DO HAVE ONE!!! Yes ... I am the very very appreciative recipient of this extremely special gift. And ... it's not just special because of the gorgeous creativity ... but even more for the sweet message inside ... AND NOW ... for the amazingly beautiful story that Lynda has shared here. Thank you my friend ... you are a truly special person with an astonishingly big heart!!! Hugs xxaxx

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely thought to send to a friend. They don't look too hard to make... do you have instructions somewhere? I am sure Andrea loved this.... not hard to guess from your story, who it was for!