Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crafter's Retreat 2011 #2

Another thing on my 'to do' list was a couple of Male Cards (collective groan of frustration!!!!) 2 men in my life are turning 40. One is my hubby and the other is my Bestie's partner. I had his pressie in the car at camp, so I kinda HAD to do it....cause Bestie was running it back to Singapore for me!!! Now I DID make the same card for both boys, I just aqua painted them slightly differently.

I had found some FANTASTIC DP in a bin for 60c a sheet (12 x 12 no less) and I loved the colours in it immediately. This shaped the colour scheme for the card....and the stamp was a cinch...Lovely As A Tree. This is what I came up with.....


Isn't the DP fantastic?? It is real Autumnal tones. I used the Nestabilities Deckled Rectangles to get the rough edges.....again...to bloke it up a bit!!

The tree was stamped is Basic Brown and the aqua painted over, the same way as I had done here. Just gives it that bit of lift don't you think??



I then kept the age basic....cause male cards are not fussy right. I used some gold Upkit Numbers I have had for ages...and then used 2 full stops to fill the space.



I really do love the way this turned out, and by all accounts "Mr" Bestie did too.

Tonnes more to show.....thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and 2001 Anna Griffin DP (AG052)
Ink: (SU) Basic Brown, Always Artichoke and Soft suede with the aqua painter
Stamps: (SU) Lovely As A Tree
Punches: (SU) Designer Label Punch, Carla Craft 1" circle punch
Other bits: Aqua Painter, Nestabilities Deckled Rectangles, Upkit Gold Numbers

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Very manly ... and perfect for the occasion! I didn't realise you would be seeing Tracey at your retreat! Must have been really special! Well done, Hunny! Hugs xxaxx PS Thanks for your call today! A wonderful boost! xxx

Helen Williams said...

I love it Lynda.
It's a great male card.

Katie said...

Oh my fav stamp set, I use it so much, I pull it out every christmas, most male cards and have plans to use the long tree scene as a silhouette with some braying in the background.

Love your cards, and again GREAT DSP, you great bargain hunter!!!