Friday, June 10, 2011

A Card on the FLY!!!!

Before I went to Craft Camp, I actually made a (very vague) list of what I wanted to make/try whilst away. As mentioned recently, I attended a Cards for the Troops session organised by the "Owl Queen" Kerry Bunting. Now at that stage, because of my neck, I was on restricted crafting capabilities, but still helped create these beautiful cards seen here. One of my jobs was cranking through the Big Shot 50 (yes count them my friends) of the butterflies used in the 3rd card (the blue toned one). Now I had not seen or used the Butterfly Embosslit die at that stage, but by the end I was very familiar with it. At the end, I still very much enjoyed what it produced and put it on my mental wish list.

Well that came to fruition before craft camp (with a couple of other goodies). I had to make a card for a 10yo little girl....and in a HURRY. I thought it would be nice to make a card with 10 butterflies on it (cause you can't go wrong with butterflies...can you Andrea??? hee hee hee). I got out my scraps and cranked my Cuttlebug (which the die works with brilliantly) and came up with this......



Now for all the smarty-pants folk and purists out there....yes I know there are actually 11 butterflies on the card....but I have counted the double layed one as ONE!!!! I also used my (much neglected) So Swirly Wheel, which I took off the wheel and use now as a flat stamp. Should have done it YEARS ago!! I love the fact that the Embosslit die cuts and embosses at the same time....yes...and you can layer them up too!!! They have beautiful detail on them as well. for something different, I popped the wings of some of them up on dimensionals as well.















Now in all seriousness...the longest part of this card was sticking all the butterflies down!!!! The numbers were obtained from the local "Hot Dollar" shop...a big bag of glittery #'s in blue, red, dark and light pink for only $2...gotta love that!!!

Be warned...you will be seeing a LOT more butterflies in the posts to come......seems to be a lot of them around here of late.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, scraps of Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum (ret), Lavender Lace (ret) and Rose Red
Ink: (SU) Pretty in Pink
Stamps: (SU) So Swirly Wheel
Die: (SU) Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die
Other Bits: Dimensionals, Glitter numbers

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Great card chick, love it and I bet the 10yo birthday girl did too.

Love those gorgeous big glittery numbers! Must look out for some of those.

xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sweet card for a sweet girl ... made by the sweetest friend in the world! And ... I did count 11 butterflies!!! giggle! Hugs xxaxx

Sonia G said...

So Very Cute! Love the subtleness of the swirly roller stamp! Butterflies and Bling? You are definitely on a winner.
Cheers
Sonia

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so very very beautiful....love all the butterflies!!!
xx