Sunday, June 19, 2011

Crafter's Retreat 2011 #1

Hi there.

I guess I shoud get off my keester and show you what I made at craft camp....given that it WAS 2 weekends ago!!! Once again, it was at the idyllic Collaroy, where we have been all the previous times. One of the BEST things about camp was that my bestie came out all the way from Singapore...JUST for camp!!! We had some "us" time...and even better...US CREATIVE time. Could not have asked for more.

This year I went with specific goals in mind...with a glut of birthdays and things coming up, I wanted to get ahead (or at least dare to dream anyhow). I also had some new toys to play with and I wanted to give them a good going over.

First task was to fill some orders I had been give. One of the doctors at work was about to become an Uncle for the first time, but he did not know the sex of the baby, so he wanted one of each. He also wanted traditional colours...ie pink and blue. my "go to" baby set is Wild About You. I also had purchased some time back some beautiful Christina Re double sided A4 paper. With all these factors in mind, here is the boy card....


And the girl card.....


I kept the design fairly basic as I wanted the paper to be the centre of attention. I just made a simple matt...














...and because I (still) can't bear to do 2 identical cards....slightly changed the sentiment up a little...



Even side by side I think they looked pretty speccy together....



Isn't the paper just too cute?? The doc was really happy with them too. Turns out the timing was perfect. I gave them to him at work on the Tuesday and his new NIECE was born on the Wednesday....and he was all organised. Gotta love that. You still can't wipe the smile off his face.

Thanks for dropping by. Rest assured, I have A LOT more to share!!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Cristina Re paper (sorry unsure of name)
Ink: (SU) Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
Stamps: (SU) Wild About You, Short and Sweet
Punches: (SU) Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Modern Label Punch
Other Bits: Dimensionals, Pink and Blue 3mm craft ribbon, 3mm pink and blue rhinestones fm stash

Lynda xx


4 comments:

Patrice said...

These are so sweet Lynda. How perfect was the timing!

Can't wait to see what else you've got to show us.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Way tooo cute, Lynda! I bet your doc friend was stoked with these! That DSP is sooooooooooo delumptious! Love it! Hugs xxaxx

Katie said...

Oh very very cute and glad Dr loved them because they are so lovable xxxx

Anonymous said...

Now you have a spare boy card too! Very cute cards.