Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crafter's Retreat #5

Good morning all,

Well the time for me flying out is fast approaching and I am DESPERATELY trying to organise posts amongst planned menu's for the family, working out who is going which way and where for the 10 days I am away...and to tell you the truth, I have contemplated a couple of times not going. However...I AM off to Singapore for 10 days to see my bestie and partake in her new life...as well as take in some World Cup Netball.

I hope you are not over all my posts on the Crafter's Retreat...but you were warned that I DID get a LOT done. Now the lovely lass who organised the camp this year was Connie (Facebook link....she has a store front in Campbelltown - Sydney). Upon arrival she gave us a wee goodie bag that contained some DP, ric-rac and paper flowers. She challenged us to make something with the stuff from the bag.

I got out my swatches and matched some of her papers. I was SHOCKED to find out that one of the colours was one that I had (purposely) NEVER used...Groovy Guava (SU 2008/09). It was also paired with Sage Shadow...a fave of mine that has sadly gone via the wayside too!!

Here are my 2 attempts....

#1


Now sorry bout the glarey sun...but this is prob better IRL. I was so very surprised that these colours worked so v v well together.












The bottom layer of the butterfly is vellum that I embossed, then the smaller one is the paper from Connie's goodie bag. It was Bestie's idea to put the pearls as the antennae....and it worked out well. A couple of dimensionals...and there you go!!

#2



This one came together a LOT easier than the first...perhaps I had past the initial shock of the colour combo...LOL!! I had a minor hiccup with the embosslit die in that I had the DP the wrong way....so I used the debossed side!! The tag was done by trimming off the top and bottom of the Designer Label Punch. I think it gave a really nice shape.



 








Again, thanks for enduring another wordy post. I am going to endeavour to get another handful of posts done, but if I disappear for a while....you know where I am...and that I'll back real soon. 2 more sleeps to go!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Sage Shadow, Groovy Guava, Whisper White, DP - Foof-a-la (item 47090 - Savannah: Ambrosia), Vellum
Ink: (SU) Sage Shadow
Stamps (SU): Best Yet, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Punches: (SU) Modern Label Punch, Designer Label Punch, Word Window Punch
Dies: (SU) Bigz Beautiful Butterfly, Beautiful Wings Embosslit die, Nesties Classic Circles
Other Bits: SU Tulip Embossing frame, Cuttlebug Devine Swirls Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Metallic Silver Gel Pen, Rhinestones and Half Pearls fm stash

Lynda xx

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Your "wordy" posts are nothing on my novels!!! I really should learn to keep it short & sweet! Thanks for the reminder. I love this colour combo! You totally nailed this challenge ... and the details are all delightful! You did have fun ... didn't you!!! Hugs xxaxx

Katie said...

Oh I really like both of them but my fav would have to be the first one with the BIG vellum butterfly, and all the pearls just set it off nicely.