Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bevvy of Butterflies

Morning all.
Bestie asked me to make a Fantasy Box for her daughter at some stage. You may recall, for Christmas 2010....I kinda went mad making them and have not made one since. The links for making them can be found through here. Now Miss "turning 9" has very discerning tastes. She scrapbooks with her Mum and also makes the occasional card....so the pressure was on. I also knew she had a thing for butterflies, so I chose this as my main theme.

I went to Alice In Paperland and fell TOTALLY in love with some Cristina Re paper. I am not sure of the brand of the butterfly paper, it may be her as well, but I know both the white/ivory papers are Cristena Re. You know that feeling when you see a paper and you KNOW that is it the PERFECT one for what you have in mind....this was one such finding.

This is Miss 9's Fantasy box...


(Warning....from this point on...lots of pics!!!)

Top                                                                                                                             one side


Centre Front                                                                                                                   Other Side


Open front                                                                                        Open Inside


Sneaky butterflies on the inside                                                      and lining the drawers


Now I had a little paper left over, so I used them to make the card.......


The butterfly is on dimensionals, and the close up gives you an idea of the amazing texture and sheen of the papers.


...and of course...the two together.....


Miss 7 (after her triumph of making grand-dad's card) Made Miss 6 a card too, and here is hers...


Thanks so very much for tolerating all the pictures. This was definitely a project that had a lot of heart and soul in it and I was so very happy with the final result. As you can appreciate there were a lot of things used and I will try to list them all.

Stuff used:
CS: Thin Chipboard, SU Pale Plum (ret), Cristena Re papers both textured and lustred
Ink: SU Almost Amethyst (ret)
Stamps: Clear 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from stash, SU candle fm Big Bold Birthday
Punches: (SU) Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Bigz Butterfly Die, Large Star Punch (ret), EK Parisian Border Punch
Other Bits: Dimensionals, (lots of) Double sided tape, 4mm purple 1/2 pearls fm stash, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

Lynda xx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

THis is bewwwtiful, I love it, so soft and pretty and delightful, jsut wonderful xx

Jenny Hayward said...

A gorgeous box Lynda. Love the paper!! I'm sure Discerning Miss 9 loved it. So much detail. Thanks for all the detailed photos. I know how time-consuming that is just waiting for them to load!!!

Gorgeous card by Miss 7 too. She is getting quite the talent there. Love all the details of the embossed dots and the stars. Well done. (You are taking after your Mum there!!!)

Love Jenny x

paper bag create said...

GORGEOUS Lynda!!!! Lucky girl..and the paper looks totally scrumptious!!! {[hugs}}

Anonymous said...

omg that is gorgeous!!!!! Great job Lynda the I love woven look.

Patrice said...

Oh my, your fantasy box is absolutely divine. All those gorgeous butterflies...you're going to be a hit with Miss 9!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! I am gob-smacked! This is soooo beautiful! Lynda ... you are the queen of fantasy boxes!!! Love Miss 6's card, too! Very funky! Hugs xxx

Cheryl said...

WOW GORGEOUS and so very elegant,love the bright colours as well!!!
xx

Tui Nathan said...

OMG ... this is STUN-NING ... love that paper, and the butterflies - well what more can I say - I have heard you mention that "you can't go wrong with butterflies" and yep, this takes the cake ... a simply gorgeous set!

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - that paper gives it such an elegance - and the dance of the buuterlies just adds the perfect whimsy! Gorgeous work my friend and a GREAT project to FINALLY stop in to visit for!
xxx