Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sail Away to 50!!

Good afternoon all.

My old boss (who I worked for in total for 10 years) recently celebrated an significant "0" birthday. Even though h is no longer my employer, he is still a good friend and I could not let the occasion go by without a card. one thing he is passionate about is sailing and the ocean, so it was an easy decision to make the card nautically themed.

Now I have forgotten where I found this card, and I cannot even credit the creator (sorry), but this is the card I took my inspiration from.....


This is the card I gave to my former boss.....


I kept the elements from the original of the boat, sentiment and self made DP, but I do not have a spritzer, so I stamped off my World Map BGS and used it instead. I also put the boat on dimensionals.


Now as you can see, I did not use a button (it was a masculine card after all) and I found a tutorial for the Sailor's Knot here. I got some twine from Michelle at The Stamp Spot and used it to do the knot. BTW.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy with the result!! He is a chap that does not like a lot of fuss, so I hid his age on the inside font of the card and made a wee flag from the Pennant Parade set and used some more twine to "hoist it up the mast"!!

Thanks for popping by. I know my posts have been a tad irregular at present, but rest assured I have a lot more to share.....in between life in general!!

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy
Ink: (SU) Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Stamps: (SU) Sail Away (ret), World Map BGS (ret), Life Definitions (ret), Pennant Parade
Punches: (SU) Petite Pennants Builder Punch, Decorative Label Punch
Other bits: Twine fm The Stamp Spot, Dimensionals, Gold Numbers

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Lynda! I was reading your post ... imagining this "old boss" was ... hhhhmmm ... maybe 70??? Then saw the pic "50"!!!!! Oh ... same as me. That made me feel sooooo old! Giggle! LOVE the card. Your style is so grown up now, Lynda! You are such a pro card maker! Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Terrific card Lynda, love the pennant with the 50 in it, and the twine is gorgeous, love love love twine, great male card xxx

Katie said...

LOOOOOve these cards Lynda, very fantastic. will be casing these (when I get time). Awesome job xxoo