Saturday, February 11, 2012

M & M Fun

Morning all.

I realise Christmas was about 6 weeks ago now (where DOES the time go??) I had some major fun with some Punch Art. There are many variations on these characters around. I did over 30 of these for the kids....and some grown ups for Christmas. The most tedious thing was filling all the tubes with alternating M & M's!!!!


Their faces are so cute!!!



Santa has Dazzling Diamonds on his "fur" of his hat and Rudolph has (der) a sparkling nose. On the back was a stamp from the "Tags Til Christmas" set.

They were a hit all round. Have even a couple left over for this year and perhaps to put on some cards!!!

I will try to list the punches used for each character.

Santa: Wide Oval- Hat (red and White), Small Oval Punch (face), Bird Punch (whiskers), 1/4" circle (eyes, nose and mouth), Carla Craft CP2 Cosmos Punch.
Rudolph: Wide Oval (head), 1 3/4" circle (muzzle), Owl Punch (eyes), 1" circle (nose), Carla Craft Verdue Punch (antlers), Bird Punch (ears)

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Real Red, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Generic Shimmer White, Generic Red Glitter CS
Ink: (SU) Real Red
Stamps: (SU) Tags 'Til Christmas
Punches: (see above), Scallop Square Punch
Other Bits: SU Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals

Lynda xx

6 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Lynda this are REALLY sooo much FUN! LOVE them! No wonder they were a hit! You are tooooo clever missy! Oooh I can see soo many possiblities for this idea...if only you could get pink M&M's I could do some baby ones up for when we all get to meet my Great-niece at Easter! One question - where did the tubes come from?????
xXx

Patrice said...

These are so adorable Lynda! I can't believe you made so many, good for you. I'd like to try these one day soon - perhaps I can get a jump on next Christmas (highly unlikely I know...) and make some.

Msg to Debbie above - why not try pink musk lollies or similar?

x

Unknown said...

SUper cute fun punch art chrissy gifts, these a re so cool, I bet they were a hit too, great job, oh and love love love your side wraps on your blog xxx

Kerry Parkinson said...

They are indeed very cute Lynda and I love the touch of sparkle with the glitter card. Putting the stamped sentiment on the back was inspired - must try that! xx hugs

Tui Nathan said...

Love these ... what a hit they would've been at Christmas time, and so very versatile too!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fun Fun Fun! These are fabulous, Lynda! Hugs xxx