Sunday, February 12, 2012

Flower Fun to Die For.......

Morning all.
A bit of a bonus post for you this sunny Sunday (yes....I said sunny!!!!!!!!!) Sydney finally has a golden orb in the sky for a change with some heat behind it....woo hoo!!!

This week at Our Creative Corner they have a "Best Friend" theme going. You have to create a card, 3D project etc to let a best friend know that you are thinking of them. It also HAS to contain a flower!! Now my Bestie's birthday is not for another month, but I have many WONDERFUL friends that have birthday's in the nest week or so. Well with this in mind, I had an idea or 2 bouncing around my brain.

I also received an order of My Favourite Things dies that I had been very patiently waiting for and was BUSTING to try them out. This is what I came up with.....


Now this card is VERY out of the ordinary for me. I do not do square cards that often, it has a lot of pink in it...another not to frequent occurrence and i also managed to tie my first double bow!!!

The MFT Dizzy Doily and Fancy Flourish dies are so intricate. I loved working with them. I think they are definitely gunna get a massive work out.I used a Bow Easy to tie my double bow.


I cut out all the flowers and the dimensionals really got a workout here, but the flourish/garland was so pretty......


Thanks for popping by again. I may even have another card or two for this challenge....but I will think about it for a bit. Thanks also to Michelle at The Stamp Spot for the MFT dies.

Addit......since posting this and sending a link to Michelle, I have now also entered it in The Stamp Spot Sketch challenge for February.

Stuff used:
CS: SU Very Vanilla and Pear Pizzaz, Roman Ivory CS, Graphic 45 Baby and Bride Collection Paper - Unchained Melody - #450023
Ink: (SU) Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzaz
Stamps: (SU) Vintage Vogue, Sincere Salutations
Dies: MFT Dizzy Doily and Fancy Flourish
Other bits: Dimensionals, Pink 6mm satin ribbon fm stash, Crystal Green Rhinestones fm stash

Lynda xx





















13 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Stunning Lynda.
Sorry about your blog addy, I copy and pasted and the link does work.

Jessica Theodore said...

Hi Lynda,
I really love your use of colour, this is so soft and sweet and pretty. The die-namics are addictive :) Love your work x

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Oh what a sweet card!
That dizzy doily my favourite die :)

Patrice said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lynda, and I'm so happy you found the dies and have used them. I love that you're doing different things - square, pink...this is a beautiful card. One of my faves from you.

x

Kerry Parkinson said...

Love, love , love this one Lynda! Flowers, pink and doilies are right up my alley! Great work on all the fussy cutting, your card is fab - maybe there are more square pink cards in your future?! LOL! xx hugs Kez

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is just stunning Lynda ... l looove the doily die and the flourish works so beautifully with your floral arrangment!
I love this "not you" change is creation, it's pretty, it's frilly and it's pink ... love it!!!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS,love the flowers around the frame!!!
Enjoy your week!!
xx

Michele Spera said...

How Beautiful :-) I love the flowers added to that die cut:-)
Lovely job, Thank you so much for joining us at the Stamp Spot
Hugs
michele S

Jenny Hayward said...

PINK LYNDA!!!! What is happening here??
I love this it is gorgeous. You have outdone yourself on this one. Love that Die and V.V!! WOW, a truly amazing card.

Thanks for sharing,
Love Jenny xxoo

Sharon Wheet said...

What a beautiful card! and I'm a big fan of the doily die. You did a fabulous job with your fussy cutting.
thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. and I know your friend will enjoy receiving such a pretty card for her birthday!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I am so proud of you ... PINK!!!!! This is wonderful hunny! Definitely not a Lynda style ... but I am sure you are going to embrace the 'new you'!!! This is stunning! And ... what fun ... new goodies to play with! I can imagination your girly excitement. What a blog land star you are becoming! Look at all those sweet comments. Well deserved! And ... now the 'groupie' has become the mentor! Hugs xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is so sweetly done! I love the tiny flower print paper!!! Really pretty card! Thank you for joining in at our creative corner this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lynda, this is so soft and pretty! I just love that pretty patterned paper, the layered flowers and the lovely doily. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)