Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Small Comfort

Morning all.

It has been hard to know when to actually post this card. A girlfriend of mine (who I believe also reads this blog) sadly lost her husband towards the end of last year. We were all deeply saddened and felt such loss. Her strength, resolve and amazing faith was a rod for both her and her twin daughters. I wanted the card I did for them to reflect his wonderful life. I made the same card for another friend here but stepped it up a little. This is the card I made.....


As you can see, I stamped the edge of the card with the flourish after I ran it through the embossing folder. I think it gives just enough without being over the top.













I was very happy with the way this turned out. Sympathy cards are never easy, but I do like this design.

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: SU Night of Navy, Tim Holtz Distress ink - Broken China
Stamps: (SU) Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Vintage Vogue
Punches: (SU) Scallop Trim Border and Corner punch, Word Window Punch, Nesatbilities Fancy Tags
Other Bits: SU Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Mini 1/2 pearls fm stash

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

The stamping after embossing was an inspired idea, Lynda! It gives a lovely effect. I can feel the sadness in your post ... but I am sure the love that went into this card was a HUGE comfort to your friend when it was needed! Hugs xxx
PS: I recognised this beautiful design ... being the recipient of the original! (Thanks my friend!) hugs xxx

Cheryl said...

OMG so very sad,it is never an easy card to make.....but this is perfect in every way!!!
xx

Tui Nathan said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of a friend, and these cards are often the hardest to make .... but you have created a such a beautiful and peaceful card, very meaningful and serene!
I am sure this card was well received!

Debbie Pamment said...

Your card is truly beautiful - and I'm sure it gave such strength to your friend after her loss!
xXx