Monday, February 20, 2012

Splish Splash

Hi all.

A bonus post for you today as the delightful folks at Our Creative Corner have another challenge that appealed to me. There is something very magical about Black and White. This week's challenge is just that....black and white with a splash of colour. You can see the details here.

I am a closet music nut, Some time back at a Stitches and Craft show I made a purchase (somewhat of an impulse nature) of a treble clef and some modified sheet music. Alas...the sheet music stamp has been used but the treble clef remained neglected....until now. This is my challenge card.....


It was a lot easier in my head to get this card right than it was in practice!!!! I used my Nesties - Labels 4, but the one I wanted to use was ever so slightly too small, and the image on the largest one had too much white! Solution - I cut off the last "bumps" on the white label and did the same for the red one, I then taped the red one so that it fitted the white frame. Let me just say it was MUCH easier on the large label than the sentiment one.


The other trick was to find a sentiment to fit the label. i ended up using my Stamp and Write Markers to colour in the "Wish". OK result I think....if you don't look too closely. The DP has a very weathered and worn look to it which contrasted my splash of colour too.














I love the texture of the treble clef. I really should have dragged it out sooner.

Thanks for dropping by. Stop over at OCC and give the challenge a go. There are already some awesome entries. I also must sincerely thank Tui. She gave me the "permission" I needed to get off my backside and enter this one.

Stuff Used:
CS:(SU) Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, 7gypsies - Paddington Paper - Kilburn #19359.
Ink: (SU) Cherry Cobbler, SWM in Bsic Black 
Stamps: Hero Arts Clings - Musical Clef (CG279), TCM - Butterfly Kisses (the "wish" sentiment)
Other bits: Nestabilities Labels Four, Dimensionals

Lynda xx

8 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Stunning card Lynda.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Oh Gosh Linda this is a beautiful card, that cleft looks amazing in the Red, and the nesties dies look great, you did well with the cutting.
Thank you so very much for joining us this week at OCC, we are so pleased to see this card.
Smiles:)

Cheryl said...

WOW beautiful,love that stunning image!!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is wonderful, Lynda! I didn't know you were a closet musician!? Perfect choice of stamps for this challenge. That treble clef is amazing! Hugs xxx

Jenny Hayward said...

Great card Lynda. Love that little image. I hope we can see more of that one.

TFS,
Love Jenny xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is beautiful and so elegant! I love the image of the music symbol in the dark red...very striking! Thank you so much for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, I love everything about your card! SO elegant! Gorgeous way to add the pop of color. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic Card, love the music, the colours, gorgeous.