Sunday, June 30, 2013

Co-ordinated Gifts for Tweens


Hi all.

For regular readers of my blog, you know I LOVE a good box and co-ordinated gift. Recently whilst blurfing (blog surfing) I stumbled across Sam from Pootles Papercraft in the UK. She make ALL kinds of boxes and gifts and even does DO's for the visual learners amongst us.

The original contact I had with Sam's blog involved today's project. Miss 9 had 3 friends (twins turning 11 and a bestie at school turning 10) that needed gifts. Sam's box here was the perfect opportunity to give these gorjus boxes a whirl. Here is the finished projects.......

For the twins......... (remember to  click on the photos if you wish to make them larger)



 The card was inspired by this one.


Aren't these boxes just delish???? The lids close on an angle as you can see here. Sam's box did not cover the sides in DSP, but I really liked the look of this.


 
 
 
 
 
 The pencils I found in the Reject Shop. Pack of 12 for $2....so bargain indeed. I popped them in a skinny cello bag and made a topper with the 2 3/8" and 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punches and you get this....(the stamp set I used is an old retired SAB set).









 Now for Miss Turning 10....well it was the same idea, but just a different colour combination.....and it HAD to be PINK!!! (insert exasperated pink-ugh sigh!!)

  
 













The card was inspired by LeeAnn Greff. It was in her January Newsletter, but I cannot find a pic of it to share with you. The thing I loved about it was the seamless transition between the embossed CS and the ribbon. She (I think) must have used the simply scored, but I used the "x" emboss of the Needlepoint EF's.












Thanks for popping by. If you are in Sydney, I hope you are high and dry. The rain has been INSANE.....seriously...I think we are near 10 days straight now. I can't recall seeing rain this heavy and persistent for a long time.

Addit.....

Oops...I am such a bad Mumma!!! Miss 9 received some card making stamps and supplies for her birthday (early June) and was very keen to make the twins a card each. I helped with the corner decorations....it is the Postage Stamp punch cut on the diagonal. Worked a treat!!! This is what she made......












Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, Pretty in Pink (retiring soon...sniff), Rose Red, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP (SAB '13) Island Oasis DSP (ret)
Ink: (SU) Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Starfruit, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzaz, Rose Red
Stamps: (SU) Madison Avenue (SAB '13), Lovely Letters Alphabet,  Petite Pairs, Amy R - Birthday Sentiments
Punches and Dies: (SU) Labels Collection Framelits, Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, Scallop Circles in 2 3/8", 1 1/4" and 7/8", Circles in sizes 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4", SU Needlepoint EF, Memory Box Numbers Die
Other bits: LOTS of dimensionals, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Double sided tape.

Lynda xx



5 comments:

Unknown said...

So much gorgeousness all on one page, these are terrific miss Lynda, I love them, still can't get over all your use of pink, loving that too ha ha ha. xx

Katie said...

WoW what great boxes & cards to match, totally in love with all the colour combos you used, so very 10-11yr old!!! ;)
I love 3D & matching cards... it must be our OCD hey Lynda :D

Unknown said...

thats some great ideas there hun!!!
perfect alternative to the lollie tubs for sure!!
Love the boxes and cards Xx

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful gifts for the twins and the other child....and though you don't care for pink, those are my favorites! Looks like you have a budding stamper coming up to be a lot like her mom....nicely done!!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow, Lynda! You are right ... this is a fab & unique box design. Love the colour combos you chose. These make such a 'wow factor' gift! Hugs xxx