Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cheeky Monkey !!!

Morning all,

For those in Australia, I hope you all had a wonderful Queen's Birthday long weekend. I hope you all got a little inky and creative.

Last Monday (3rd June) My Miss 8 became Miss 9. We have (endured) her meticulously crossed off  30 day count down to her special day. She is growing into a very cheeky little one (of course totally unaware as to where she acquired that trait from!), hence the inspiration for this ensemble.

I also took a lot of inspiration from Di Barnes with her card here. This is the card I created for her.......


It is a centre step style card. I based it in a tutorial from SCS here but continued all the cuts to the back as well (hope that makes sense?) It stands so nicely.....

 
I coupled her card with a matching box made with the Fancy Favour Box Die (which I LOVE!!!)
 
 
The box was the same front and back and I used the flower motif on the sides to secure the handle.
 
 
Now I can hear you ask...."what is in the wee white bag??" Well, my Bestie Tracey, she makes children's jewellery. She has an Etsy shop here and you can also find her on Facebook under Berry-licious. Whilst the 2 of us were at Craft Camp this year I asked her to make a special set for Miss 9 and this is what she came up with.......
 
 
Here is the card and box together.......
 
 
Thanks so much for popping by. I am hoping my very first "pre-order" for the new 2013/14 catalogue arrives today or at the latest Thurs. There are SOOOOOOO many delicious things to see and share with you.
 
Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate (ret), Holiday Treasures DSP (ret), unknown SU Old Olive DSP
Stamps: NONE
Punches: As per Dawn Olchefske's tute here for the monkey - however I did not have the face punch so I used a Carla Craft CP21 Heart instead and a CP1 heart for the nose, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle,1" circle, 7/8" Scallop Circle, 1/2" Circle, Boho Blossoms Punch, Carla Craft CP1 Vinca B punch, Memory Box Numbers Die
Ink: (SU) Chocolate Chip SWM for the mouth.
Other Bits: LOTS of Dimensionals, SU Fancy Favour Box Die, Generic yellow Brads
 
Lynda xx
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so very very cute and very cheeky, loving your punch art miss Lynda. We had a lovely long weekend, I hope you all did too - hugs xx

Kerry Parkinson said...

These are just adorable Lynda! Hope DD9 had a wonderful day xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

HHHHmmm ... Wondered where I had seen these before?? Oh yeah! Facebook! Still wonderful. Hugs xxx

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Love this Lynda:) ADORABLE:) Thanks for all your sweet comments; you make my day!

Katie said...

I loved this cheeky monkey so much I ended up using it for my neices 1st birthday card.
Thank-you for sharing all your creations with us and inspiring me to do new things xxooo