Saturday, July 6, 2013

Banner Card for Master 8

Hi all,

Recently I had to make a card for Bestie's little boy who was turning 8. As usual, I left it to pretty much the last minute. I had hoped to do a punch art creation, but instead, I caught a glimpse of a card on someone's Pintrest board and I went form there.

The card I based mine on I found here (2nd card down) but as you can see it was a very girly card and I needed a real BOY card. I really liked the idea of the HB2U...especially for a boy. With that in mind, I created this......


 
Very much more for the 8 year old don't you think?? I used the Hearts a Flutter stamp set and co-ordinating framelits as well as the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies. The WW background I thought was too barren, so I embossed it with the Chevron EF and then stamped the "splat" from Extreme Elements set in the co-ordinating colour beneath the banner. Because I stamped on the embossed paper, it gives it a really funky look.
 
 
 
 
The other element was some basic white crochet cotton and a WHOLE lot of dimensionals to have the banners "sit up". On the inside of the card I cut a banner from the Polka Dot DSP and layered an 8 cut from Silver Glimmer paper.



 
 
 
Thanks for popping by. Hope you perhaps got inspired a little. I have HEAPS more to share, just need the time to put it all together!!!
 
Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Pacific Point, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Polka Dot DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: (SU) Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist (last 3 stamped off for splats)
Stamps: (SU) Hearts A Flutter, Extreme Elements(ret)
Dies and Embossing: (SU) Chevron EF, Alphabet Bigz Dies, Hearts a Flutter Framelits
Other bits: Dimensionals, White Crochet Cotton, 1/16 hand held punch for holes in banners
 
Lynda xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Like this a lot, is so cool for a tween/teen, love the thread through the banners too. Great job hun xx

Carol Carriveau said...

Your card is wonderful...who would not love one like this....guy/gal, young or old. Thanks for the inspiration!

ali said...

what a cracking card, great for a child of any age will definitely be casing it

alison

Beth Beard said...

Just last night I saw this very card all over Pinterest. I should have known this beauty was yours!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fabulous design for a quick card! Love the fresh colours! Hugs xxx