Saturday, January 7, 2012

Post Christmas Birthdays

Hi All,
I am always on the go around Christmas/New Years as I have quite a few family birthdays immediately after the festive frivolity.

My MIL has her birthday 5 days after Christmas and I wanted to get her something nice, but not overwhelming. It started off with this card. I worked with that and ended up with this.......


Now as you can see the card does not have a sentiment on it ....as I was running horridly behind (so unlike me) and I wanted to get some pics before I lost all light. After the sentiment and finishing touches went on, this is what it looked like...


The card used what I think is called the "Spritz" Technique, whereby you colour the image on the stamp with Stamp and Write Markers and then before stamping onto watercolour paper, you lightly spray it with water. Up close, it really is a beautiful effect.


Part of my new drive is to reload my card stash, so in all I made 4 of these, but with different border punches and I have left the sentiments off so that I can tailor as needed.

Thanks for dropping by, I still have some of my Christmas gifts to show, but I may spread them out a little.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Elegant Eggplant, Orchid Opulence (ret), Eraldo watercolour paper
Ink: (SU) Stamp and Write Markers in Elegant Eggplant, orchid Opulence (ret) and Certainly Celery
Stamps: (SU) Inspired By Nature, Amy R "Birthday Sentiments
Punches: SU large and small Oval Punches, Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embosslit die, MS Gothic Arches Punch
Other Bits: SU Certainly Celery Twill Ribbon

Lynda xx


4 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the spritz technique used on your flowers, fab colours too, wonderful card and love the matched candle, great gift.
Sandy

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a beauty! Wow! Of course the colours are fantabulous! Gorgeous, hun! Hugs xxx

Katie said...

what a great technique to soften the flower, will have to try that. Love the candle too.

Patrice said...

Simply stunning! Love this gift set very much.

xox