Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I Made for Christmas - #4

Morning all.

Last Christmas make for a couple of posts...I promise. This last one was also a challenge. Amongst all the kids....is 1 nephew (Master 8)...not incl my son of course. His Mum happened to let it slip that he has been engrossed in "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". So,I made him his own diary that he can jot his thoughts and feelings down in. He is the brother of Miss 16 and 14! His diary was also a lot larger than the others (A4), it took 2 pieces of DP to cover it.


For the label, I stamped off the stars in So saffron from the Just Jawing set. Worked well I think!!??


The top was looking a little bare with just the planets and there was a rocket ship on the off cut. I trimmed around it and put it amongst the planets.



I think he was pretty happy with it.

To accompany all the notebooks for the girls, I made tiny desk caddies to hold their bits and pieces. I got the idea from Rubber Redneck (Holly Krautkremer) here. The go up very quickly and hold lots! Perfect for the age group.

Miss 16 and Miss 14


Miss 11 and Miss 14

I am going to make me a couple more of these and keep them in reserve as they are a fun and unusual gift.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose, Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Almost Amethyst (ret),Tea Party DSP (ret), Only Orange (ret) and Optix Turquoise 
DP's: My Memories S'book Paper #141791, My Memories "Once Upon a Dream" S'book paper # 142827, Silver Hollographic A4 CS, K & Co DI Rough and Tumble Outer Space Flat Paper.
Ink: (SU) So Saffron
Stamp: (SU) Just Jawing
Other bits: SU Decorative Label Punch, Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet

Lynda xx




5 comments:

Sandy said...

Great diary for your nephew, love the space themed paper. I'm going to have to try making a desk caddy, They are gorgeous, bet your nephews and nieces love their crafty aunt.
Sandy

Unknown said...

fantastic projects, love the rocket journal, its super and perfect for a boy :). Those nail polish boxes are terrific, and thanks for the link too. Have a great weekend hun! xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! These are ALL fantastic! Love the colour combos ... and the main diary is super fun! Clever, hip & funky! Hugs xxx

maxipix said...

NICK THINKS his notebook is great. He feels like the real "Wimpy Kid" now. hank you for making our children such lovely Christmas gifts.
Max

Patrice said...

Love this little line-up. I may have to create a few of these little caddys to keep in reserve too - they're perfect.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous ideas with us.

xox