Friday, January 20, 2012

More Post Christmas Birthdays

Morning all.

Like most, I struggle with masculine cards, so when I come across a good one, i make a couple of them and put them away for a rainy day. My darling Dad turned 71 in the 1st week of January, so I needed one for him. my FIL also had both knees replaced in the same week, so I needed a Get Well Soon card for him. I found the inspiration here.

I tend to go to Lovely as A Tree as my "male" set. These are the 4 versions of the card I found.


Now on the original card, i believe it was stamped onto Frostwood Lodge DSP. We do not have that here, so I made my own by using the retired Rough Texture Wheel. I inked it up in Crumb Cake and then randomly drew Early Espresso lines across it, stamped it off and then onto the Very Vanilla CS. I loved the result.


 They also looks kinda cool all together......


Now Miss 7 also wanted to make a card for her Grand-dad's birthday. She sat and designed the card all by herself and I helped her punch out the shapes. She stuck them down and assembled it and then I helped line up the stamps.


Thanks for dropping by again. I do so very my appreciate you all taking the time to comment.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Early Espresso SWM, Versa Colour - Pinecone 171
Stamps: (SU) lovely As A Tree, Sincere Salutations, Rough Texture Wheel (ret), Generic clear b'day sentiment stamps
Other Bits: Mini Pewter Brads, Cuttlebug Branches Embossing Folder, SU Bouquet Blossom Triple Layer Punch, Carla Craft CP2 Heart, Clear Rhinestones fm stash. Optix Apple Green and Sky Blue CS

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cards are excellent Lynda, I love how simple they are and fit all types of sentiments, and I LOVE the way you created that texture background, it looks fantastic, oh and tell miss 7 I think she did a wonderful job of her card, it rocks, hugs Melxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! You are sooooo clever Lynda! I love that "background a la Lynda"! I am sure your dad will love his card. Sadly ... no dad's b'day card for me this year! Hugs xxx

Jenny Hayward said...

Great cards Lynda. You can't go wrong with LAAT. I love the effect with the wheel. You are a clever chook! Well done to Miss 7 too on her lovely card for her Grand-Dad!

I have just been catching up with all your other lovely creations. You have been busy. Well Done.

Love Jenny xx