Monday, January 2, 2012

Bright Start to the New Year

Hi all.

Happy New Year to all out there and I hope that you all survived the celebrations.

I have decided to start this year of 2012 posting with a challenge to get the creative juices flowing. Our Creative Corner have set the challenge of "Bright and Happy New Year" with the following bounds.


Now a little while back I saw this card on SCS. Now when I CASE, I like to put my own little twist on it. I initially started in pastels which were very pretty, but then this challenge made me think....hmmmmmm....how would brights look? This was the outcome.....




Bright and BOLD!!! Now to satisfy the challenge parameters....the green is in the stems and leaves of all the flowers. Other than that.....


Bright Pink.....




 













Bright Purple......















...and Yellow.....




For the record, the other colours used were Rose Red, Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait. As for the celebration part, I figure these cards are so generic that they can go with a "Thinking of You", "Happy Birthday" or even a "Hello Friend". The other massive 'celebration" is that I boosted my cards stash with 7 bright and cheery cards.


Thanks for popping by, and if you get a chance, pop on over to Our Creative Corner and have a look at what the DT and other creative souls have put together.

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: Basic Black, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst (ret), Summer Sun (ret), Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Rose Red and "Elle" card - Fuschia (very close to Melon Mambo)
Ink: (SU) Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst, Summer Sun, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzaz
Stamps: (SU) Soft Summer
Other Bits: SU Scallop Border Punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 10mm black Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Black 4mm faceted 1/2 gems, Mini Glue Dots

Lynda xx 



10 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely Lynda, I am yet to ink this set up, love them well done, and happy new year to you and your family, hugs Melxx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Happy New Year Lynda! Love this set - I like having generic cards on hand to use for any occasion.

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Lynda, these are wonderful! I really like you idea to make a set using the color challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner... your cards are fabulous!

Helen Williams said...

Happy New Year Lynda.
I love the cards

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! Gorgeous, Lynda! Bright worked so well ... and I can't imagine such a 'bright personality' using anything but!!! I am a little jealous of that set ... it is on my wish list! Email notifications coming through successfully! Hugs xxx

Cheryl said...

Well just GORGEOUS and so very classy!!! Love the bright colours!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful xmas and new year and that 2012 brings you health and happiness!! Hmmm must use your email notificatio,should be able to keep up with you then.
xx

Vicki Burdick said...

Very beautiful set of cards using the color challenge, love that stamp set! Thanks so much for joining us at the OCC!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness Lynda ... what a fabulous array of cards ... you have certainly pulled this challenge off to perfection ... love the design too ... great job!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, Lynda! What a way to kick off the New Year with these bright and happy cards! Beautiful layout, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Happy New Year! :)

Margaret said...

Lovely cards Lynda. I love how you interpreted the fireworks with the flower stamp. Happy New Year.