Friday, July 16, 2010

Miss Jessica's Card

Warning....the next couple of post will involve so gratuitous Aunty boasting!!!

On Sunday the 4th of July I FINALLY got to meet my new niece Miss Jessica!!! needless to say she is adorable, cute and had everyone totally mesmorised. How could you not love this......


Ain't she just so cute and chubby??

Now I am so blessed to have so many wonderful blog friends out there and most of them (directly or indirectly) helped me in putting Jessica's birth gift an card together. It started with this idea for the card from SCS. Now I have trawled through all the possible combinations that I had hoped would help me find the person to give due credit, to no avail. Still that card was my start point.



This is what I came up with from there.......



Now the contributors that hepled were Debbie P (for the Nesties that I now have thanks to her advice) and Andrea (for the fantastic concept of the no tie brad bow!!) I was also very mindful of co-ordinating the card and the gift I gave, something I have not done a lot of enough.

With the help of those two I got these....



Now I DID score lines above and below the embossed dots and if you squint really hard you may see them...hee hee hee.

And of course these beautiful 1/2 pearls I got from Bizzy Bec's that I used with the sentiment.



Thanks so much to all of those (again) out there that provided the inspiration for this card. Wren (Mum of Jessica) upon opening up the card did say it was her fave card!! (blush)

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Orchid Opulence
Stamps: (SU) Vintage vogue, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Punches: (SU) Scallop Oval, Large and Small Oval
Other bits: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder and Olivia Alphabet, SU Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon & dimensionals, Brad fm stash, Lavendar 1/2 pearls fm Bizzy Becs

Lynda xx


5 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Awwww! Shucks!!! I really don't think I can take any credit for this delicious creation. You have put all the ideas together ... and come up with something fantabulous! I can tell how much love went into making this gorgeous card ... and is that also a gift pack I can see?! Such vibrant and stunning colours. Love the nesties ... do they work in a Big Shot??? Lotsa hugs, Andrea xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Aaaaaaaw she is just gorgeous!!!! And LOVE your card too - it's great to see where and how you were inspired - and please feel free to stop blaming me for your nestie spending spree - LOL.
xXx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda, firstly thanks so much for dropping by my blog! Would you believe I am now up to 893 hits!! woo hoo!! Thanks too for all your lovely comments. I think it would be great too if you could join Andrea and me for our classes! They really are heaps of fun.
As for this card - it's gorgeous!! Like Andrea said - so much love has gone into making this one. I too saw my new nephew (born in Feb) finally on Sat 3rd July!! So I understand your joy too! He is a little cutie as well. Have a lovely day!

Patrice said...

Gorgeous card Lynda, really vibrant and pretty.

Tanya Kitto said...

VERY PRETTY indeed :) Love all your pics, nothing much better than a bit of eye candy ;)
This card is just GORGEOUS!!!! I keep going & having a look while I'm typing this.....lol
THanks for sharing hun
Hugs
Tan xox