Saturday, July 10, 2010

CASE'ing is the nicest way to flatter....

Good morning all.

One of my all time favourite blogs to visit is EnchantINK. Not so long ago Andrea posted this beautiful card. It struck a chord with me instantly. She is so very sweet in that she supplies a card recipe at the end of all her posts, which makes CASEing them all the more easy. So, with the supplies I had available to me, this is my version of Andrea's stunning card......


Now I do not have any of the ribbon or the exact butterfly stamp, but I had similar and I was happy with that. The other fantastic thing about this card is that it made me try things that I had not attempted before, like embossing on Vellum and sponging ink onto the BGS to give the wonderful aged look and layering a background. Here are some close ups....














I was so happy with the way that this card turned out, I thought I'd try again (are you sitting down Andrea??) in PINK!!!!!! Here it is....













I now am going to try some other colour combinations and see what I can come up with.

Thanks so much Andrea for provinding such a beautiful card to challenge me. See what you can find in blog land that challenges you.

Stuff Used:
CS:(SU) Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Prettyy in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: (SU) Soft Suese, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Versamark
Stamps: (SU) En Francais and Jemac "Butterfly" (item Code - A56E)
Other bits: Vellum, "Zing" white embossing powder, Pink and Blue Grosgrain ribbon fm Alice's, Blue and Pink Diamante Brads (Minibuckles Brand)
Techniques: Sponging, Heat Embossing

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Patrice said...

These cards are lovely Lynda! You've just given me the idea to sponge on my BGS's - doh, haven't done that before :o)

Debbie Pamment said...

A beautiful card to CASE - loved it when Andrea did it too!
xXx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! Looky! A CASE of my card!!! Thanks for the lovely compliments, Lynda! You are FAR TOO KIND! LOL Patrice ... the sponging is FAB ... give it a go! Hugs Andrea xx

Jenny Hayward said...

These are gorgeous Lynda - even the pink ones!!!! TFS. Isn't it nice we can share things in the stamping world!!!!

xxx

paper bag create said...

GORGEOUS Lynda!!!! Love both cards..my fave's the pink! ;)
{{hugs}}