Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls....

Now apart fm the title of a great 80's song by TLC, it is also a style of card that you can find here.

I decided that since I have had it in my "Gunna" file for EVER, it was time to give it a go. Master Thomas was turning 5 and he loves animals. I went for bright, animals and fun. Here it is....



The theory of aWaterfall Card is that you pull the tab (or ribbon or whatever you have chosen) and as the tab lengthens, the pictures flip over. You can have so much fun putting hidden messages or anything really. You are only limitied by your imagination. Here's wht happened when the tab on my card was pulled...




























Master Thomas loved the card......as well as the Ben 10 card game he got (note his fave character on his shirt at the moment!!)




These cards, once you get all the pieces in order, are a heap of fun and as I said, the possibilities are endless. Why not give one a go??

Stuff used:
CS: Optix Vibrant Red, Orange, Yellow, Zesty Lime, Turquoise, (SU) Night of Navy and Whisper White
Ink: (SU Markers) Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Really Red, Green Galore
Stamps: (SU) Wild AboutYou, Birthday Wish
Other bits: Cuttlebug "Number Collage" Embossing Folder, Yellow and Navy Eyelets fm stash, SU Round Tab Punch

Lynda xx

10 comments:

Patrice said...

What a cutie the birthday boy is! Great card Lynda, yet another style I haven't tried yet.

I so loved that song - thanks for reminding me of it, I'm going to put it on my ipod now! Can't get the tune out of my head lol.

Debbie Pamment said...

Master Thomas looks sooo happy with his fabulous card and present - look at that smile!!!! I love the fun of waterfall cards - this one is fabulous for kids!
xXx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ok ... so now you are putting me to shame ... I haven't attempted one of these yet! Very funky and fun! Love that cheeky little grin, too! Hugs xxaxx

Diane Barnes said...

Wow, these are sooo cute Lynda. I bet it was a big hit.
Thanks also for your lovely comment on my blog - you're very kind.
Inky wishes, Di

Richelle said...

Hi Lynda, cure card! and thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my ESAD blog hop entry.
Richelle

Jenny Hayward said...

Great card Lynda. I have yet to try a waterfall card. It is still on my 'to do' list. Must try it sometime!!

Hope all is well
Jenny xx

Tanya Kitto said...

hey there LYnda, how bright & cheerful is this card. Boy oh boy I can't believe the similarities between our Master Thomas' bright, cheesy grin, Ben 10.....
You have made an incredible card & I can see he LOVED it (nearly as much as Ben 10....lol)
In all honesty I htought I had commented on this post, but must have been mistaken :(
Hope things are going ok for you over there on the other side of OZ :)
Hugs
Tan xox

Cheryl said...

WOW this is fabulous,Thomas does look very happy with your masterpiece.......love it!!! i hope you are well!!
xx

Miriam Thomas said...

These waterfall cards are so much fun aren't they!? Love it! So lovely to hear from you! :-) I feel like I've been run off my feet with day to day things- but its all good...and how are you?

paper bag create said...

Love this card Lynda!!!! One of my fave animal sets!!!
{{hugs}}