Thursday, July 8, 2010

More masculine than the last attempt!!

Hey there people.

I am so very sorry that my posts have been so infrequent of late. My diabetes has not been playing fair of late, partly due my manic life at the moment, so hopefully we can come to an agreement soon!!

My DH had a birthday not so long ago, and after the not so masculine cake card debacle, I had to bloke a card up a bit more!! One of the best things about having friends who craft is that you can share their stuff too....therefore expanding what you have available to you!! I had a play date recently at my bestie's place and this gave me the gusto to formulate a more masculine card. I saw this card on SCS some time ago and thought that I may be able to use the basics of it someday. My Bestie had recently aquired the Fleur-de-lis Cuttlebug embossing folder from a win on Swap Sisters and the cogs started turning.

This is what the cogs produced...


I coupled the embossing folder with the fleur-de-lis from Carte Postale and the Weathered BGS. It came together so easily. Here is the finer details of the squares.



I stamped the BGS in Bashful Blue and then stamped the other images in Soft Suede over the top. I was so very happy with the results...as was DH....cause he had a birthday card!!!

Thanks for popping by again. Hope you are having a crafty kind of day.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Soft Suede, Bashful Blue
Stamps: (SU) Carte Postale and weathered BGS, Amy R "Birthday Sentiments" set
Punches: (SU) 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Square punches
Other bits: Cuttlebug Fleur-de-lis Embossing folder

Lynda xx


5 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Very cool. I have the FDL embossing folder too but haven't broken it out of the package yet ... hmmm, maybe I feel a CASE coming on! TFS. Hope your IDDM is under control real soon xxx

Cheryl said...

This is fantastic.....a perfect male card!!! I love it!!
xx

Kim Tonnet said...

Hi Lynda. Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry to hear the IDDM is problematic but you know the deal; you get in under control. Take care, KimT

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You are a star, hunny! This is a perfectly appropriate BLOKEY card! But ... I am not happy to hear that you have not been behaving yourself. You must take more care of yourself and take it easy! Promise???? Hugs Andrea xxx

Tanya Kitto said...

Hey Lynda, hope your health is picking up a little. I'll say a little prayer for you tonight & in the mean time, you take care of YOU!!! :)
Love your card, you make such wonderful creations with those stamps, I seem to remember one earlier on that looks super duper fantastic too.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Tan xox