Monday, July 12, 2010

Bold, Bright and Funky

Sometime back the devine Debbie P and I swapped some images. I have been slowly been working my way through them. Debbie also very generously helped me through a very tough choice about what Nestabilities would be best for me and what I do.

Recently one of my niece's turned 10...so for such a special occasion...I turned to one of these images. I wanted to do a slightly less traditional colour combination, so I chose purple, fluro orange and fluro green. Here is the resulting card...


I got to get out my new Nestabilities for the "10" tag. I love it. here are the obligatory close ups..














I coloured her with a mix of my watercoloured Faber-Castell pencils and my Lyra Aqua crayons. I love this colour combo for tweens as it isn't classically PINK. ;)

This was teamed with a cute to boot gift that'll be shown next post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stuff used:
CS: Textured Bazzil Deep Purple, Optix Lime and Orange, SU Whisper White and Watercolour paper
Ink: Versa Colour "Violet" (VS-17), Lyra Aqua Crayons, Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils
Stamps: Miss Anya "Sun, Rain, Shine", Numbers fm unknown clear stamps fm stash.
Punches: (SU) Large and Small ovals
Nestabilities: Fancy Tags (S4-235), Petite Scalloped Ovals Large (S4-139), Petite Ovals Large (S4 138)

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Patrice said...

This is the perfect 10 year old girlie card, I love it. Great colouring Lynda.

Tanya Kitto said...

Hello clever lady. I LOVE what you've done here. Your niece is one lucky girl :) Love the image & the colouring. I'm heading over soon to catch up with the wonderful Leonie S so hopefully she will teach me how to colour nicely :)
Hugs
Tan xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Debbie is always SO HELPFUL ... when it comes to spending someone else's money!!!! Don't let her tempt you like she has me, Lynda!!! I almost had to boycott her blog ... because everything she used I wanted!!! But ... she is the PERFECT person to go to for advice! Love this gorgeous girl ... and this is one of the Debbie temptations I DIDN'T resist! (Yes ... I have this stamp ... and the other 3 that come in the same set!) Love the funky colours you have chosen. Hugs Andrea xxx

Kerry Parkinson said...

LOVE this image and LOVE the colours you have chosen - so perfect for Miss Niece 10! Amazed that you boycotted pink tho .... LOL!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh listen to that cheeky gal Andrea - LOL - boy she made me laugh - just as well as it reduced the blush I was enduring after reading your post - LOL.
You've come up with a BEAUTIFUL card for your niece Lynda! AND YES - I DO plan to use the images you sent me too - just send me a few extra hours in my day - LOL.
xXx