Sunday, July 18, 2010

Miss Jessica's Candle

I pondered for sometime what I could give to Jessica. Being a WORLD CLASS procrastinator it was hard!! Finally I decided to give her a Brith Candle. That was done...now all I had to do was find the right one!! The candle had to be at least 8 inches tall to fit her name....and white. FINALLY an 8" white pillar candle was found.....after 6 shops!!!!

I have to thank my best pal Tracey and her friend Michelle....and mordern technologhy (a webcam). Without all of these things, I would have NEVER finished this candle.This was the result....
















I could not have been happier with the way it turned out. I used Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Orchid Opulence to match the card. It looked so good all together, which you'll have to trust me on cause it's the only aspect I did NOT have a pic of.....LOL!! Oh and here is a pic of Aunty Lynda and Miss Jessica....



For those of you who want to know more about stamping on candles, which by the way is sooooooooo easy, you can find a tutorial here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stuff used:
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive and Versa Colour Violet
Stamps: (SU) Lovely Letters Alphabet, Priceless, Merci. Numbers are a clear mount set that I do not know the name of.
Other bits: Heat Gun, Tissue Paper, Repositionalble Adhesive

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Patrice said...

WOW your candle is stunning, it turned out terrific! I haven't stamped a candle yet but you've just inspired me to give it a go!

Doting aunty pic is great :o)

Anonymous said...

Finally I can put a face to your comments!! And such a happy face too - just to suit your wonderful sense of humour!
I love your candle. We tried this technique once at Andrea's when one of our stamp club ladies demoed. (I think she may have put it on her blog but I'll have to check). I was quite happy with mine but decided if I ever do it again, that I will plan better as there were bigger gaps some places and cramped things in others. Yours is just lovely though!

Cheryl said...

WOW a gorgeous candle,I love making these and such a beautiful photo!!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a unique and gorgeous gift, Lynda! (just like the creator!) You look fantastic in that photo ... just hope you are looking after yourself! Hugs xxaxx

Tanya Kitto said...

That is one very happy looking Aunty :) & the candle is BEAUTIFUL Lynda :)
You are such an inspiration
Hugs
Tan xox
I hope things are all well with you :)