Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Father's Day Card with the LOT!!!!

Morning all.
 
Thought I'd get in with these cards close to time as opposed to my usual sooooooooooo v v much after the occasion kind of thing!!!
 
The Sunday just gone (2nd Sept) we celebrated Father's Day in Australia. I am very lucky to still have 3 "Dads" in my life, them being my DH, my Dad and my FIL. Most women know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! With this in mind....and also thanks to the amazing punch art inspiration of Kelly Matthews - Indiana Inker (here), this is what the 3 dads in my life received as cards.....
 DH

 
 
My Dad
 

and my FIL
 


Aren't they a hoot???? Kelly used the Lg Oval Punch for her burgers....but I super sized mine and used the wide oval punch instead. The "seeds on the bun" are done by stamping off one of the "Itty Bitty Background" stamps. Here are the burgers and chips close up.....


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DH did have a wee dummy spit because I put VEGETABLES with his burger (wink!!) All the edges are sponged in the same colour to give them that bit of oomph!
 
So...what did I give my vege-phobic DH for the occasion....a very VERY tongue-in-cheek gift (so unlike me!!).......
 
 
Here are the 3 cards together en masse......
 
 
Thanks so much Kelly for the inspiration for these cards. They were a hit to say the least. I made these cards with one of my netball gals and her Miss 10 daughter the day before Father's Day. Seriously....I have never seen 2 gals have so much fun with a crimper!!! Thanks to Trish and Miss Renee for a fun and fantastic afternoon!!! From all accounts the men in their lives that got their cards loved them too.
 
Thanks for popping by and enduring a long post. Have sooooooooo much more to share it isn't funny. Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and impressions.
 
Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana (ret), Whisper White, CM Cranberry Gingham, Bright Yellow Textured CS (cheese)
Ink: (SU) Island Indigo, Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron
Stamps: (SU) Occasional Greetings (ret), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Punches: (SU) Wide Oval, 1 1/4" square, Carla Craft CP2 1" Circle and Heart, Nestabilities Classic Circles
Other Bits: Crimper, Sponges, Dimensionals
 
Lynda xx
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Kelly @Indiana Inker said...

I love these!! I really appreciate you letting me know that you CASED one of my cards so I could see them. :)

Katie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! great punch art. Yes and a perfect way to mans heart is through his stomach.
Awesome work again!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So much fun! Into my files! Love the gingham ... Perfect picnic tablecloth! Hugs xxx

Lynda said...

Via Kelly Matthews herself.....

Hi Lynda,
Thank you so much for sharing those cards with me. I love them! I like the idea of using the red gingham paper. I’ve pinned them to my Punch Art board on Pinerest.
Have a great day,
Kelly Mathews

Unknown said...

Super cute, love the fries too he he he, what fun cards for fathers day xx

Beth Beard said...

Oh My...These are just too cute! You are so talented! Well done. Plus, the t-shirt made me chuckle.