Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cute Critters

Hi All.

I have some more punch art to share with you today. Some time back my good friend mentioned to me that her girls liked particular animals and if I made something for their birthday (they are twins), could I somehow incorporate them. One LOVES (bordering obsessed) owls and the other has a passion for dragons.

I recalled a tutorial for sale by the uber talented Jackie Topa here. I have had my eye on it for a long time and finally relented. This is what I came up with for the girls.....

 
and.....
 


The wee note things are post-it holders. So quick and easy. I used Dawn Griffiths tute here. I have actually used it many a time!!

You may recall seeing a version of the owl card recently and you are right. I made it for a 50th birthday card here. My friend saw this and wanted it for one of the girls!!

Thanks for popping by. Will be back soon with wedding cards, more dragons and even a bit of fruit on the side!!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Tangerine tango, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Choc Chip, WW, Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, G.C.D Design Paper - Jumpin' Jellybeans (Item #0006), Owl paper I think is making Memories.
Ink: (SU) Choc Chip, Old Olive (sponging), Tangerine Tango
Stamps: (SU) So Happy For you, Curly Cute
Punches: Dragon (see Jackie's tute), + added Carla Craft CP1 Leaf and Lily, SU Owl Punch, Modern Label Punch and Word Window Punch, Bird Punch, Crimper
Other Bits: Swiss Dots EF, Olivia Alphabet die, Mini glitter gel pens fm Reject Shop, Hot pink 1/2 pearls fm stash, Dk Pink Glimmer paper fm Alice's.

Lynda xx
 

4 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh Lynda ... These are adorable and you are so clever! Being a twin myself ... I am admiring the fact that these girls are their own individuals! Well done! Hugs xxx

Katie said...

WOW awesome punch art!! Love them both, the dragon & owl (the owls gave me a giggle, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil... hee hee)

AND I love both the gifts...

Your so clever :-)

Mel Barwise said...

These Look awesome Lynda!!!
well done ♥

Jenny Hayward said...

Love these punch cards Lynda. They are just too cute.

Jenny x