Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Intention Was There....

Here is my "other" attempt at a Herringbone card....but this was my 2nd attempt...and I am not as happy with this one sadly. Madeline at Inkspirations4U has a bevvy of DT gals that help her with tasks and the very talented Diane is one of them. She set the colour challenges for this round...and this was the first.....


First thing I was VERY aware of was that I did not have much Rose Red CS about, but did have some DP in an old retired SU DSP pack "Bali Breeze". I also knew I had the other colours in DP....so the decision about what card to do was made. I also kissed the edges of the Saffron flower with Pear Pizzaz ink, just so it wasn't so stark. Here is my colour challenge card.......



This challenge was done during the most MANIC weather patterns in Sydney.....torrential rain or blazing sun, so this pic was taken in the shade, hence the colours being a little off, but trust me, they are the ones listed.

I am off to start packing as we are off to Cobar this weekend (700kms away one way....so 1400 round trip!) for Miss Jessica's 1st birthday. We do not travel much, so I am feeling rather overwhelmed bu the whole trip. We leave Fri, the party is Saturday and we return to Sydney Sunday (back to work Monday!!) Glutton for punishment aren't I?

Wish me luck and thanks for dropping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Pear Pizzaz, Rose Red, So Saffron
DP: (SU) Tea Party (Saffron), Bali Breeze (Rose Red) and  In Colours DP pk 2011 (Pear Pizzaz)
Ink: (SU) Rose Red SWM, So Saffron, Pear Pizzaz
Stamps: (SU) Bliss (SAB 2011)
Other bits: Kaiser Green Rhinestones

Lynda xx


2 comments:

Katherine said...

great looking technique in ANY of the color schemes you show here- a GREAT way to use some DSP scraps, too. I'm following your blog now! I have one at jkelliotcrafts.blogspot.com Stop by any time! :)

Sonia G said...

I am glad it's you doing the weekend trip this weekend. We did ours last weekend! I hope your neice had a wonderful birthday and big celebrations to your brother and his wife, for keeping their baby alive for a whole year! It always amazed me that I managed to get through the first year!

I actually really like this card.... but perhaps that cause I am more of a pink gal! You should be proud either way.

Cheers
Sonia