Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Anyone for Cake???

Hey there.

Sorry to offer up this post so soon after Easter. I realise that most of you have OD'd on chocolate of some variety...but for some of us out there it is not an option....hee hee hee. At least with cake...you have slightly more control over the size of the serving (you would hope anyhow.... :) ).

I wish to share yet another Inkspirations4U challenge today, this time a picture one. I am having so much fun getting out of my comfort zone with these challenges. If you wish to sign up for the next round of Inkspirations4U click here and you can find out more.

This time around we were greeted by this......


The stamp set to be used was an easy choice.....Big Bold Birthday....but (ughhhhh) pinks and browns. I then recalled this by Dawn Olchefske. With all the cogs clunking, this was my challenge offering....



I was very happy with the end result. For those who have not seen or done an awning card before, this is how it gets his name....with a couple of folds, you have a wee shelf and an awning over the cake/ice cream/lolly shop.


I used a couple of tricks to get the look that I wanted. I used the Short and Sweet set to stamp the small cakes and flowers on the front of the shelf and also "striped" the candle by colouring it first in Pink Pirouette and then striping it in Close to Cocoa. Add some bling and bingo lit candle!! The sentiment base is a cut down version of the scallop square punch. the "fans" around the window face are the present toppers from the stamp set.




These are so much fun to so, I may try another one somewhere down the track, but I think a great card for a young child....don't you??

Thanks for dropping by and I promise that these calories are the last this blog will contain for a while so we can all let the notches of our belts out and breathe easy.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa (ret), Patterns Pack II DSP (09-10) in Regal Rose
Ink: (SU) Pretty In Pink, Close to Cocoa (ret), SWM's in Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Summer Sun
Stamps: (SU) Big Bold Birthday, Short and Sweet
Punches: (SU) Scallop Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Scallop Square Punch
Other bits: Pink 1/2 Pearls, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, 2 way glue pen

Lynda xx

6 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Thanx for the chocolate fix - LOL - no wonder I have a headache!!! LOVE your "shop" card though - tooo clever - and sooo cute to boot!
Take care gorgeous!
xXx

Helen Williams said...

Great Card Lynda.
This is in my to do list.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Hi Linda! Wow, first can I say...I love your blog!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out mine! You'll be happy to know that my TCM project using the first stamp set is up on my blog! Hope you can make it there and enter to win some of the yummy prizes! Sending you many, many hugs! :)
Ivana

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Perfect for the challenge ... and you have given me another "itch". I need to try and awning card ... and I just broke open my new Create a Cupcake stamp set ... hhhmmm ... cogs turning! Hugs xxaxx

Jenny Hayward said...

Love this card Lynda. I have been wanting to try these awning cards. You just reminded me of them. xx

Sonia G said...

This is lovely! I must try this out one day! Your card looks tastier than the Inks pic!

Cheers
Sonia